Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy Properganda , told ya so.
5 October 2012, 11:23,
Energy Properganda , told ya so.
I actually dont like being right about this but I told ya so over a year ago that the govt would start finding excuses to build new nuclear plants via the back door.

Lo and behold they hold off and hold off building new energy supplies all the time knowing many old plants had to close before 2015, Then right on queue they roll out agency " expert" report saying there will be energy shortages unless the gummint moves fast.

I reckon the next step with be a few gentle blackouts and power voltage reductions just enough to rattle the sheeple into accepting more killer nuclear plants.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19842401

5 October 2012, 11:33,
RE: Energy Properganda , told ya so.
yeah i cant see that too
5 October 2012, 11:36,
we have ways of making free nrg now but the gov sit on the plans and/or deny their existence.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
5 October 2012, 11:43,
Can't see a problem with Nuke energy myself. It's not like we're idiots and build on fault lines.
Of course if the French built it here, I'd change my tune a bit.
Scratch that, I'd change my tune A LOT.
After all the electricity would come out backwards!
Something has to be done and quick because our existing power system is basically CR##, old, and failing fast.
However, with the length of time it takes TPTB and their civil service mice to approve things, we'll be lucky if they start building the next gen nuke plants within 20 years.

After all look how efficiently TPTB handed a little thing like the West coast rail thingy.
True civil servant fiasco. £40 millions that cock up cost us.

5 October 2012, 11:54, (This post was last modified: 5 October 2012, 11:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Did you know that apparently you can make ultra safe liquid sodium cooled nuclear reactors that dont need to be sited next to the sea for cooling water, but of course if they got politically acceptable the rich nimby bastards in the home counties would not be able to say "you cant build them in Little Twittering or Upper Snobbery because theirs not enough cooling water" Thus fucking up ( only suitable script this time) the whole inteligent / local grid systems concept for producing green energy locally.

The quicker the UK breaks up and seperated from the south east the better, we've got the space, minerals, water, power stations, food and industry, they have the politicians, immigrants, bankers, pollution and attitude.
(5 October 2012, 11:43)Paul Wrote: Can't see a problem with Nuke energy myself. It's not like we're idiots and build on fault lines.

Loch Lomond and its sw to ne alignment is a fault line Smile Geologically everything south of that lines belongs to the European plate and everything above to the North American plate, Least that was the thinking a few years ago after some fossil and mineral studies.

5 October 2012, 12:01,
TPTB KNEW at least as far back as 27th January 2008 that"Britain is likely to face a shortfall in electricity generation within 5-7 years"(Daily Mail)."the number of nuclear and coal plants coming out of service over that period make shortages LIKELY"
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 October 2012, 12:49,
Looking at a lovely catalog of oil lamps.
Does anyone know if there is such a thing as liquid fuel (not gas) fridge.

5 October 2012, 13:07,
Paul I'm pretty darn sure that some trucks can get diesel powered heaters and fridges