Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
2 October 2012, 14:55,
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
(2 October 2012, 14:51)PrepperJohn Wrote: As I said in my post, it is not just the powers that be that could be interested in anything you have stored.

One break in and you could be stuffed. I just think it is a good idea to spread your stores around a bit and keep your mouth shut about what you have.

now your talking!Big Grin nobody knows about our preps and i intend to keep it that way. i dont trust "people" at the best of times and i trust our neighbours a lot less so we have nothing to do with them apart from saying "good morning" and talk about the weather.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 October 2012, 14:59,
TPTB won't bother going door to door - hardly anyone has food at home, only a very tiny percentage of the population. They'll secure the distribution centres first, MAYBE the supermarkets (but that again requires lots of man-power for not a huge haul) but not door to door.

Paranoid Yanks again...
2 October 2012, 15:04,
(2 October 2012, 14:59)BeardyMan Wrote: TPTB won't bother going door to door - hardly anyone has food at home, only a very tiny percentage of the population. They'll secure the distribution centres first, MAYBE the supermarkets (but that again requires lots of man-power for not a huge haul) but not door to door.

Paranoid Yanks again...

not only that. the British govt dosent have the manpower to go door to door, even if they thought about it-which they havent, they are just about to sent out the redundancy notices to squaddies to coincide with christmas leave...nice xmas present, and the plod dont have the funds, their budgets are all being cut in the race to save money.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 October 2012, 16:20,
Sorry Guys and girls but ARE YOU FOR REAL!

As if David Cameron even cares about how many baked bean cans you have.

Logistically they'll have to visit everyone they know is a prepper.
OK not impossible but unlikely.

Then they are going to have to decide whether what you have is prepping or part of your normal larder.
OK, Just how much food is too much?
I like beans. Is 12 cans of baked beans hoarding or bulk buying?

Then what do they do about the other 69.999999 Million souls in the UK?
They'll have to visit EVERY SINGLE HOUSEHOLD AND PHYSICALLY CHECK.

Paranoia is a terrible thing.

As for the worry about ham radios being confiscated?
That I can believe.
After all you hams took an exam and got your qualification through the post, they'll have your address and what you're running.
Add to that all you SGC and FAC holders, yes THAT'S DOABLE!

But house to house in search of preppers stockpiles.
Huh Really. Huh

2 October 2012, 16:23,
I was told by an American so it must be true. Wink Smile lmao
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
2 October 2012, 16:51,
(2 October 2012, 16:20)Paul Wrote: As for the worry about ham radios being confiscated?
That I can believe.
After all you hams took an exam and got your qualification through the post, they'll have your address and what you're running.

Only if the address you registered is the address you actually live atWinkAngel
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
2 October 2012, 19:15,
I agree its better to store in random places... for me its a matter of space as much as making my reserves less obvious... and no it hasn't happened yet and I also and not going to stress about it until something more happens.... but isn't planning ahead and thinking about problems the point of prepping in the first place?
2 October 2012, 20:29, (This post was last modified: 2 October 2012, 20:30 by Straight Shooter.)
all the gov need do is hack into this site........easy peesy ...there us f..ked
p.s i only got 6 tins of beans HONEST !
2 October 2012, 22:05,
(2 October 2012, 16:51)PrepperJohn Wrote:
(2 October 2012, 16:20)Paul Wrote: As for the worry about ham radios being confiscated?
That I can believe.

Only if the address you registered is the address you actually live atWinkAngel

True!!!!!!!!!!

2 October 2012, 22:44,
Unprepared people will have the mentality of "Fair Share" as if its your responsibility to look after them, because you have extra food. If things got to food requisitioning, I would have my food hidden, with a bare minimum in the house. That way I can give that away because "You guys look like you need it more than me," whilst blending in with everyone else.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8