Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
3 October 2012, 21:26,
RE: CONFISCATION of your survival food coming.
The idea of the government going door to door does seem pretty nuts. Much more realistic that your neighbours will come knocking.

As an interesting thought, why not knock on their door first to get them thinking you have nothing?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 October 2012, 21:27, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 21:32 by NorthernRaider.)
AAAAAAAAaaaaarrgh you lot are doing it again, ending up arguing with friends about causal issues of which NONE OF YOU has any control over, instead of talking about the best ways of reacting to issues and threats.

It doesnt bloody matter IF the government MAY be able to come hunting stockpiles and caches, It MAY not be OUR government that decides to sieze your stuff it MAY not, it could be the EU, It could be the yanks it could be the pixies living at the bottom of BPs garden.

YOU identify to yourselves what YOU consider to be a CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER and you then plan on how best to mitigate that danger. You dont get into ass kicking contests over wether a scenario is real or not, likely or not to happen. You identify a possible threat and then find ways to ensure it doesnt happen to you.

Guys in 35 years of survivalism and prepping you lot are by far the most inteligent and inspirational people I have met, but you keep slipping into disputes abnout wether a threat is likely or not, high risk or low risk, IT DOESNT BLOODY MATTER your efforts must be on REACTING in a propper manner as to how YOU will prep to deal with the threat is you see fit.

If A believes the New Zealand army are aliens planning on invading the UK and mating with the sheep its not wether its right or wrong its how you react to a newly defined threat.
NR ( now with added migraine)
(3 October 2012, 21:26)Scythe13 Wrote: The idea of the government going door to door does seem pretty nuts. Much more realistic that your neighbours will come knocking.

As an interesting thought, why not knock on their door first to get them thinking you have nothing?

And why not just go " Hey XXXX has identified a possible threat to us from the gummint coming to steal our stuff, I may not think its likely or feasable but its something we should discuss and possibly develop plans to deal with it SHOULD it happen".

3 October 2012, 21:37,
I was speaking about knocking on the neighbours door and asking them if they had anything. That way they wouldn't think you had any.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
4 October 2012, 08:33,
I'm with Ned on this one, the British Government(s) couldnt find their arses with both hands, i think this scenario is a non starter, i am more concerned with keeping my food stores secret from my neighbours...which i do anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 October 2012, 09:25,
Ya know, I would really like to see reputable source for all this. This has been flying round the internet for ages, and it's still unsubstantiated claptrap.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
4 October 2012, 15:17, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 15:18 by NorthernRaider.)
Its founded in solid fact actually, it originates IIRC from the Emergency Powers Act ( amendments) more Common known as the "War laws". It allows for quarentines, curfews, free fire zones, the legitimate bulldozing of entire villages, forced labour, siezure of assets for a crisis ( normally stuff like 4x4s, tractors, large stores of diesel, food stocks etc).. Its going back a long time now but I think I first read in in a series of issues of the NEW STATESMAN or NEW SCIENTIST.
Forgot the say the Movies THREADS is based around many of these laws and how they would be implimented.

5 October 2012, 00:02,
Yes.

Some or most of these laws can be activated by parliamentary order.

However - this was from an era that had yet to see the berlin wall come down and communism lose its control over puppet regimes....also bearing in mind that these days - the populace aren't anywhere near as scared of the authorities as they were back then.

The lack of respect itself these days would turn any activation of those powers into a civil war.

The EPA was mostly repealed - the 'Civil Contingincies Act' is the one to watch.

CCA 2004
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
5 October 2012, 02:21,
i'm not really a prepper in the material sence, more physical. i have two kits. one that i'm working on witch is a 65ltr pro action. this when complete will be my grab bag should tshtf. my other kit is my practical survival kit that i use for practising my skills. it consists of a usa army issue mini machete which i have changed the bevel of the blade so its more sharp. two mess tins and a folding fuel stand. a tinder bad. my beloved buck knife. two water bottle's 1 plastic and one metal for putting in the fire to boil. some rope. my possibles pouch. hammock and basha. and thats it. i like to keep it basic and learn to combined it with nature. now regarding the government and food prepping. when i start my stores there going to be in an under ground room out in the woods some where. not meaning to boast(well a little maybeSmile) i once dug out the foundations for the extention of a house by hand, in February. it had to be 6ft deep by 3ft wide and about 3m by 8m out along and back. i dug and barrowed it into two large skips in two and a half days. with this in mind little and often i plan to have a prepper's "bug out den" dug, supported and insulated with log burner by the end of next year. and when it is filled it will be my savings and my retreat. for anyone seriously worried about this possibility becoming a reality i would advise they did the same.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
5 October 2012, 09:20,
like i say the idea of TPTB coming to every door in the land to conviscate food is a non starter, but just for arguements sake lets say they did. like someone else said, the public are no longer the meek individuals, doing as their told, as in generations long ago. now if anyone came to the door to requisition their food they would argue" this i MY food, I paid for it, what gives you the right to TAKE my food(without payment i might add), Go take a running jump off a short pier"...or something along those linesBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.