Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Urban Myth?
3 October 2012, 13:18, (This post was last modified: 3 October 2012, 13:29 by Wildman.)
RE: Urban Myth?
FLIR First Mate MS-224 Handheld Maritime Thermal Night Vision Camera only £2.500 lol
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image...v2SNjG0ZoA
the second one is the heart beat scanner but i dont think there for sale
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 October 2012, 21:48,
The theory is perfect , but in practice - a good FLiR operator discerns both positive and negative returns , the absence of heat is just as much a giveaway as the flare of warmth is.

Most infantry combat clothing is supposedly hard to detect with I.R equipment , its a pity the squaddie inside it isn't.
Personally I would not like to bet my balls on relying on this particular claim to fame.

Top Tip to avoid FLiR - Don't be anywhere near where they're looking for you.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
4 October 2012, 00:26,
(3 October 2012, 21:48)The Local Ned Wrote: The theory is perfect , but in practice - a good FLiR operator discerns both positive and negative returns , the absence of heat is just as much a giveaway as the flare of warmth is.

Most infantry combat clothing is supposedly hard to detect with I.R equipment , its a pity the squaddie inside it isn't.
Personally I would not like to bet my balls on relying on this particular claim to fame.

true there's nothing that could b done. if tshtf and it was a gun ship with flir then my best defence would be to blatantly wave them down sos style. threat gone.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
5 October 2012, 00:21,
(4 October 2012, 00:26)Wildman Wrote:
(3 October 2012, 21:48)The Local Ned Wrote: The theory is perfect , but in practice - a good FLiR operator discerns both positive and negative returns , the absence of heat is just as much a giveaway as the flare of warmth is.

true there's nothing that could b done. if tshtf and it was a gun ship with flir then my best defence would be to blatantly wave them down sos style. threat gone.

I was thinking more along the lines of movement at night into areas where individuals may have access to N.V , thermal or I.R or , more importantly in my opinion - DOGS.

Coupled with radio comms - the unwary can walk straight into a shitstorm without ever knowing it , also - anyone on the ground with NV or I.R will also know that dogs using their innate abilities with scent can be effective (unless you are aware of how to overcome it) and a dog is a very cheap NV/IR/thermal asset also....
5 October 2012, 07:51,
Read the basics on escaping dogs. But its going to be hard to loose them especialy if there in a pack. They still use bloodhounds in american prisons.
6 October 2012, 16:00, (This post was last modified: 6 October 2012, 16:04 by Wildman.)
Water, stagnant I would imagine would be worth rolling in to kill the sent. Also spending some seconds filling up a bottle with the stank would give you some more distance time. Also not many dogs can track in the rain. Bloodhounds being the few that can. Maybe leaving a pile of dog biscuits laced with lax's lol.
Oh yeah, to stop a dog from following a sent put lots of pepper on the ground. Fine powderd pepper. They hate it.
6 October 2012, 16:08,
(5 October 2012, 07:51)Metroyeti Wrote: Read the basics on escaping dogs. But its going to be hard to loose them especialy if there in a pack. They still use bloodhounds in american prisons.

Ammonia crystals mate, you scatter them behind you as you run and the crystals do instant major damage to a dogs nose. They instantly loose the urge to track cos their noses are burnt by the ammonia fumes.

7 October 2012, 00:42,
FIRE ENGINES carry thermal camra's and after the s**t they are free. good for recce and night vision is totally different if you stand out and not conceal yourself you will be seen but blur you shape and your winning.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
7 October 2012, 01:16,
(6 October 2012, 16:08)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(5 October 2012, 07:51)Metroyeti Wrote: Read the basics on escaping dogs. But its going to be hard to loose them especialy if there in a pack. They still use bloodhounds in american prisons.

Ammonia crystals mate, you scatter them behind you as you run and the crystals do instant major damage to a dogs nose. They instantly loose the urge to track cos their noses are burnt by the ammonia fumes.

You're a dodgy man mate ;^)

Dogs have speed and endurance , but very little desire to track once their nose has had a blast of ammonia up it.
I learned this one when doing hunter force at a certain N4T0 training school , in fact , I can vouch for its effectiveness.

7 October 2012, 09:34,
(7 October 2012, 01:16)The Local Ned Wrote: You're a dodgy man mate ;^)

Dogs have speed and endurance , but very little desire to track once their nose has had a blast of ammonia up it.
I learned this one when doing hunter force at a certain N4T0 training school , in fact , I can vouch for its effectiveness.

Yes so can I !!!! Smile