Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urban items converted or used with other items to make new items
4 October 2012, 21:55, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 22:40 by Wildman.)
RE: urban items converted or used with other items to make new items
(4 October 2012, 13:55)Hrusai Wrote: thats cause they're using the tampons wrong xD you should make a cut down it and unravel it to a long flat pad of cotton, then cut it to size and secure to the wound Smile

you can also use the plastic part on the tampon to blow nicely directed air into a fire to get it going, or to blow it on some coals on top of a bit of wood, that way the coals get hotter and slowly burn away the wood into a bowl shape!

you could also use the small amount of string for trapping/snaring, or in conjunction with the plastic wrapper a tampon comes in you can improvise a waterproof container

and its good for tinder, you can even make a survival straw, just get a bit of wood charcoal and a small chunk of the tampon, push the cotton into the plastic tubey bit, then the small piece of coal and then some grass or something to filter out more of the larger particulate matter

so yes, i'd always carry a tampon, if you know how to use it right it can do a whole bunch of stuff Big Grin

now thats what i'm talking about. survival straw!! didnt know about that one. simple apliance of urban and wild and hey presto. in our urban land we must look at it as if were in the wild. there must b so many combination's. nice one man.
(4 October 2012, 14:00)Hrusai Wrote: oh heres another, molten beeswax, it has antiseptic and antibiotic properties, molds to fit whatever you need it too and is a great thing to use as a makeshift tooth filling

(got that from new scientist the other day, the oldest tooth filling in the world was discovered in a human in slovenia, was just beeswax that they poured in to seal it, and its still in there to this day Smile )

WOW!! are you talking bees wax that we polish furniture with, i.e from the pot or only hive?

(4 October 2012, 13:59)Metroyeti Wrote: Blobs could be used as a glove if you had to move something nasty like your dead neihbour

blobs?
(4 October 2012, 13:57)Hrusai Wrote: condoms too, store about a litre of water, v useful for storing items too, get thick and unlubed ones though xD hell you could even use a few to improvise a slingshot as in the video i posted a while back

liking the sling shot idea! cool. although i'de never admit to a soul ever that the reason i'm blind in one eye is coz i got whipped in the eye with a johny!! lmfaoBig Grin it can also act as a sergical glove for working on a wound.
(4 October 2012, 13:56)Metroyeti Wrote: Sugar,honey and salt(stings) can be used to clot blood.
Cling film or credit cards can reduce bleeding from wounds.

Used a peice from a bedford truck to split logs once

cool cool, i'm liking the mixture for stopping the bleeding. dint know that one.
(4 October 2012, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote:
(3 October 2012, 06:21)Wildman Wrote: also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol

Americans were all over this, saying you can use it to stop bleeding from gunshot wounds. Well you can, but push this into the hole and it will stop the bleeding. It will also double in size, so when you pull it out it's actually made the wound worse. Pads are better. Or cellox.

Good tips though Wildman. I'd love to have a go with that head removing machete!
oh m8 that machete was something else. the carving was so intricate, wooden sheath and handle, human blonde fricken hair as a lanyard. and you could tell it had been designed for one purpose. light and so sharp that it made my old samurai feel as blunt as the back of a butter knife. i swung it through the air a few times and then prity much went cold when i thought of its history. an amazing bit of history though. my m8 went over in the 70's. i got it wrong though borneo. Sad"OH FUCKK ITS A HEAHuhAngel LMAOBig Grin

(4 October 2012, 21:55)Wildman Wrote:
(4 October 2012, 13:55)Hrusai Wrote: thats cause they're using the tampons wrong xD you should make a cut down it and unravel it to a long flat pad of cotton, then cut it to size and secure to the wound Smile

you can also use the plastic part on the tampon to blow nicely directed air into a fire to get it going, or to blow it on some coals on top of a bit of wood, that way the coals get hotter and slowly burn away the wood into a bowl shape!

you could also use the small amount of string for trapping/snaring, or in conjunction with the plastic wrapper a tampon comes in you can improvise a waterproof container

and its good for tinder, you can even make a survival straw, just get a bit of wood charcoal and a small chunk of the tampon, push the cotton into the plastic tubey bit, then the small piece of coal and then some grass or something to filter out more of the larger particulate matter

so yes, i'd always carry a tampon, if you know how to use it right it can do a whole bunch of stuff Big Grin

now thats what i'm talking about. survival straw!! didnt know about that one. simple apliance of urban and wild and hey presto. in our urban land we must look at it as if were in the wild. there must b so many combination's. nice one man.
(4 October 2012, 14:00)Hrusai Wrote: oh heres another, molten beeswax, it has antiseptic and antibiotic properties, molds to fit whatever you need it too and is a great thing to use as a makeshift tooth filling

(got that from new scientist the other day, the oldest tooth filling in the world was discovered in a human in slovenia, was just beeswax that they poured in to seal it, and its still in there to this day Smile )

WOW!! are you talking bees wax that we polish furniture with, i.e from the pot or only hive?

(4 October 2012, 13:59)Metroyeti Wrote: Blobs could be used as a glove if you had to move something nasty like your dead neihbour

blobs?
(4 October 2012, 13:57)Hrusai Wrote: condoms too, store about a litre of water, v useful for storing items too, get thick and unlubed ones though xD hell you could even use a few to improvise a slingshot as in the video i posted a while back

liking the sling shot idea! cool. although i'de never admit to a soul ever that the reason i'm blind in one eye is coz i got whipped in the eye with a johny!! lmfaoBig Grin it can also act as a sergical glove for working on a wound.
(4 October 2012, 13:56)Metroyeti Wrote: Sugar,honey and salt(stings) can be used to clot blood.

cool cool, i'm liking the mixture for stopping the bleeding. dint know that one.
(4 October 2012, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote: [quote='Wildman' pid='26980' dateline='1349241667']

also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol

Americans were all over this, saying you can use it to stop bleeding from gunshot wounds. Well you can, but push this into the hole and it will stop the bleeding. It will also double in size, so when you pull it out it's actually made the wound worse. Pads are better. Or cellox.

Good tips though Wildman. I'd love to have a go with that head removing machete!
oh m8 that machete was something else. the carving was so intricate, wooden sheath and handle, human blonde fricken hair as a lanyard. and you could tell it had been designed for one purpose. light and so sharp that it made my old samurai feel as blunt as the back of a butter knife. i swung it through the air a few times and then prity much went cold when i thought of its history. an amazing bit of history though. my m8 went over in the 70's. i got it wrong though borneo. Sad"OH FUCKK ITS A HEAHuhAngel LMAOBig Grin

[/quote sorry i meant to say good bit of bush kit and my m8 went to borneo not the amozon.

is it me or did a load of post's just vanish?
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 22:59, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 23:03 by Wildman.)
comdom makes a mini dry kit
have i typed that a condom also makes a surgical glove for working on wounds?

a whole load of my reply's have just vanished from my screen did you all get replys??
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
4 October 2012, 23:42, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 23:43 by Hrusai.)

blobs?

(3 October 2012, 06:21)Wildman Wrote: also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol

blobs?

(4 October 2012, 13:50)BeardyMan Wrote: [quote='Wildman' pid='26980' dateline='1349241667']

also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant) lol

[/quote sorry i meant to say good bit of bush kit and my m8 went to borneo not the amozon.

theres your replies mate, gremlins got em ^^

damned gremlins Tongue
5 October 2012, 00:16,
(4 October 2012, 23:42)Hrusai Wrote:

blobs?

blobs?

theres your replies mate, gremlins got em ^^

damned gremlins Tongue

ok m8 nice one-thought i was going mad then-gotta lay off the cleaning fluids lol cheers man.Smile
5 October 2012, 07:15,

blobs?

blobs?

72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 October 2012, 08:48,
You chaps appear to be posting INSIDE each others quotes which means the post disapprears, to read what you wrote click on the reply button on each post, and watch where you put your text Smile

5 October 2012, 09:26,
(5 October 2012, 07:15)Lightspeed Wrote:

blobs?

blobs?

please say this works lol
5 October 2012, 09:41, (This post was last modified: 5 October 2012, 09:44 by NorthernRaider.)

please say this works l

No cos you are still messing around inside the quotes and you have somehow embedded 10 images into the post and only six are allowed? Prolly smileys

thats cause they're using the tampons wrong xD you should make a cut down it and unravel it to a long flat pad of cotton, then cut it to size and secure to the wound

so yes, i'd always carry a tampon, if you know how to use it right it can do a whole bunch of stuff

oh heres another, molten beeswax, it has antiseptic and antibiotic properties, molds to fit whatever you need it too and is a great thing to use as a makeshift tooth filling

(got that from new scientist the other day, the oldest tooth filling in the world was discovered in a human in slovenia, was just beeswax that they poured in to seal it, and its still in there to this day

Blobs could be used as a glove if you had to move something nasty like your dead neihbour

condoms too, store about a litre of water, v useful for storing items too, get thick and unlubed ones though hell you could even use a few to improvise a slingshot as in the video i posted a while back

liking the sling shot idea! cool. although i'de never admit to a soul ever that the reason i'm blind in one eye is coz i got whipped in the eye with a johny!! lmfao it can also act as a sergical glove for working on a wound.

Sugar,honey and salt(stings) can be used to clot blood.

also tampons are not just good for tinder but if you injure your self to the point that your bleeding wont quit stop. you guessed it. it absorbs the blood and expands acting as a clotting aid. (bloody brilliant)

oh m8 that machete was something else. the carving was so intricate, wooden sheath and handle, human blonde fricken hair as a lanyard. and you could tell it had been designed for one purpose. light and so sharp that it made my old samurai feel as blunt as the back of a butter knife. i swung it through the air a few times and then prity much went cold when i thought of its history. an amazing bit of history though. my m8 went over in the 70's. i got it wrong though borneo.

thats cause they're using the tampons wrong you should make a cut down it and unravel it to a long flat pad of cotton, then cut it to size and secure to the wound

oh heres another, molten beeswax, it has antiseptic and antibiotic properties, molds to fit whatever you need it too and is a great thing to use as a makeshift tooth filling

(got that from new scientist the other day, the oldest tooth filling in the world was discovered in a human in slovenia, was just beeswax that they poured in to seal it, and its still in there to this day

Blobs could be used as a glove if you had to move something nasty like your dead neihbour

condoms too, store about a litre of water, v useful for storing items too, get thick and unlubed ones though hell you could even use a few to improvise a slingshot as in the video i posted a while back

liking the sling shot idea! cool. although i'de never admit to a soul ever that the reason i'm blind in one eye is coz i got whipped in the eye with a johny!! it can also act as a sergical glove for working on a wound.

Sugar,honey and salt(stings) can be used to clot blood.

cool cool, i'm liking the mixture for stopping the bleeding. dint know that one

oh m8 that machete was something else. the carving was so intricate, wooden sheath and handle, human blonde fricken hair as a lanyard. and you could tell it had been designed for one purpose. light and so sharp that it made my old samurai feel as blunt as the back of a butter knife. i swung it through the air a few times and then prity much went cold when i thought of its history. an amazing bit of history though. my m8 went over in the 70's. i got it wrong though borneo.

sorry i meant to say good bit of bush kit and my m8 went to borneo not the amozon.

]

please say this works l

5 October 2012, 16:36,
(3 October 2012, 08:18)Wildman Wrote: AA batteries are really just watch batteries piled up with a jacket round them.

This is not the case. AA and AAA batteries are a single cell.
A "9V" (PP3) battery is made up of 6 * 1.5V cells in series but these are bigger than watch batteries.
It's unlikely to be worth cutting a battery open to try and get what little power remains in the not-quite dead cells when the others are totally flat.
Some battery technologies contain quite nasty chemicles that you don't want to get on your skin. Cutting batteries open is generally not a good idea.
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
5 October 2012, 16:39,
Thought it was only muslims that choped up batteries to throw on there women.
Battery acid is horrible stuff.