Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
personal security
14 February 2013, 22:07,
RE: personal security
MA not for me GOM ....good old fashioned head butt...if that fails ( never used to ) but hey alot older now ...my 15" knife into the gutts up and twist should do it .....last resort wifey talking for 10 mins NEVER KNOWN TO FAIL ..with gin total devistation
14 February 2013, 22:11,
(19 September 2011, 15:24)kapncobs Wrote: Weapons-wise, I think people overlook crossbows a lot. Not only are they fully legal (!!), they've got intense penetrative capabilities. Pistol crossbows are also quite good due to the portability and insanely low cost.

Yup agreed though I got rid of my full size crossbow I still have three pistol x bows and a cabine x bow plus my compound bows and my recurve kit.

Hoping to buy a Korean bow in april.

15 February 2013, 00:17,
For personal protection, from GOM's original post, you'd have to carry the bow with you at all times. Surely that's illegal?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 February 2013, 00:31,
Just got a jaguar 175lbs crossbow not bad power in a home defense wayBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
15 February 2013, 08:48,
(15 February 2013, 00:31)TheFalcon Wrote: Just got a jaguar 175lbs crossbow not bad power in a home defense wayBig Grin

I have one of these,.. but I did remove the scope off it, couldn't get on with that, I prefer the open sight
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 February 2013, 10:05,
(15 February 2013, 00:31)TheFalcon Wrote: Just got a jaguar 175lbs crossbow not bad power in a home defense wayBig Grin

Bet your fit after cocking that a few timesBig Grin, watched a guy trying to cock a 225 draw bow by hand a while back I think he did to his back what I did to mine !!!Rolleyes

15 February 2013, 11:07,
(15 February 2013, 10:05)NorthernRaider Wrote:

Bet your fit after cocking that a few timesBig Grin, watched a guy trying to cock a 225 draw bow by hand a while back I think he did to his back what I did to mine !!!Rolleyes

Well im still cold turkey on the cigs and have started running in the mornings thanks to some advice on here from S13.But yeah the arms have felt itBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
15 February 2013, 23:45,
It is not too hard top cock though, the Jaguar is held down by the foot, so you can use two hands on it,... just remember to keep your fingers tips away from that drawn wire
A major part of survival is invisibility.