Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Change Your Water!!!
3 October 2012, 21:32,
Change Your Water!!!
Okay everyone

Same as usual. My telling everyone what to do. I'm a bossy knob I know.

This time it's not fitness related.

Time to change your water storage. It's coming up to winter and the temp changes will mean frozen pipes and crap like that. We're already dropping into single digit figures here, so this may be one of the last changes to change your water before winter hits.

For those of you worried/paranoid about being tracked. Change 3-5 litres a day, then one to three times a week have a big 80 litre change.

The reason for doing this is simple. It will just follow your normal water usage pattern, but with a bath now and again. Simple.

Right, that's all I really had to say about this.

Next update on when to change water will be in about 4-5 month time. Cold temps mean you don't have to change your water as much....if it's kept cool.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 October 2012, 21:35,
RE: Change Your Water!!!
Would it not make more sense to start using up your summer petrol and diesel stocks and waiting for 15th NOV when you can refill with winterised fuel???

4 October 2012, 03:40, (This post was last modified: 4 October 2012, 03:47 by Paul.)
Already cleaned and sterilized the water barrel (thanks to my new best friend Milton).
I'll wait till the first frosts before filling the 120 liter tank though.

I had also checked my two "under the sink" 5 liter bottles of water.
Both over a year old and tasted slightly "brackish".
Seemed I didn't put enough bleach in last time.
Cleaned out, currently sterilizing.
1 1/2 more ticks on the "things to do list" coming up to winter.

(3 October 2012, 21:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: Would it not make more sense to start using up your summer petrol and diesel stocks and waiting for 15th NOV when you can refill with winterised fuel???

Too expensive this year for me to do that .
Guess I'll be adding a shot of unleaded to my diesel Jerry cans again if I have to use them.

Incidentally, found an interesting article on Diesel fuel in instapedia.com.

Do a search for diesel fuel.

Useful tips and info especially about 1D and 2D diesel standards.

5 October 2012, 13:54,
I'll be rotating my beer stocks this evening. Have to keep them fresh.
5 October 2012, 14:06,
(5 October 2012, 13:54)BeardyMan Wrote: I'll be rotating my beer stocks this evening. Have to keep them fresh.

You're well ahead of me..... I'm still testing to see which variety of beer I want to stock pile.

I've been rigerously testing for years and years and still haven't quite worked out which one will be best...... I suppose I'll just have to keep testing :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580