Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
build groups together
7 October 2012, 18:16, (This post was last modified: 7 October 2012, 18:17 by Wildman.)
RE: build groups together
(7 October 2012, 17:59)BrixhamBadger Wrote: I remember, not so long ago, trout fishing in Buckshole Reservoir, Alexandra Park. Wink
....only caught carp though.... no trout...!!!
cool man, did you catch any?
oops, didnt see that bottom line. yeah there's some carp and pike in there.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
7 October 2012, 18:54,
Hi GOM.

Maybe easier if people posted the first two letters of their post code?

That gives a very wide general area, but maybe sufficient for establishing who's in the 25 to 40 mile circumference?

Mine's SP by the way
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

7 October 2012, 19:48,
GOM,

Are you looking at pulling this together for us? Putting into Google Maps or a PDF?

If it helps I would suggest that;
1) You define the distribution criteria when it is complete.
2) Everyone who responds to the question gets a copy of the map whilst those that don't don't.
3) You accept a variety of detail. Some may be happy with just 2 letters, some could go first part others may feel comfortable with more.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 October 2012, 20:40,
What about a members map?
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
7 October 2012, 20:47,
There is a contacts database on the home page

8 October 2012, 06:48,
I don`t see a problem with giving out my location Smile .... if t.p.t.b. want to know who/what/where you are "they" will find out.

The clue in my case is in my "Nom de Plume". Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
8 October 2012, 18:55,
(7 October 2012, 02:00)grumpy old man Wrote: i wasn't after anyone exact loc more a ruff loc like say ( rambo from manchester) or mike from glasgow just so somebody who lives say 10,20 or whatever miles from them could pm them and arrange a meet in a public place. to help establish who could be friend or foe.
i understand the need for opsec but if the clever people wanted anyone of us it would be very easy to locote.
i know the bristol lot have meets so the build up networks that they can use off line. and there is always a risk with people but the fact is your chance of sucsess grows with a bigger group in all ways
just think joe bloggs who lives 5 miles from you could think just like you?
you both use the internet and talk to each other by your user names and opsec is so guarded that you don't know how close you two are the the shit hits the fan you two survive and by chance stumble on each other?
now being the careful people you are there is no trust or friendship and a 50/50 chance you might get killed.
but if you knew he lived 5 mile away and established contact before an event and a friendship made things would be different or you know joe bloggs is a nutter and one to watch out for.

I've heard a lot about this Joe Bloggs character over the years, think I'll be watching out for him Wink

If I hadn't recently put up a map of my neighbourhood on here I'd probably be willing to name my city. But I have, so "West Midlands" will have to be specific enough. Still, if any West Mids folk fancied a meetup around Birmingham or something feel free to PM.
9 October 2012, 00:09,
thanks everyone for your veiws
tbh i'am not that great with computers so googling maps and that's sort of out for me i like the old paper kind lol
but the thought i had was for say a prepper (mike) living in newcastle could look at a thread (post) and see john from hexham (northumberland), sally from gateshead, peter from chester le street (durham) and steven from carlisle and then mike could look at a map to see who he could build up a network with a simply system but we use usernames the if mike wanted to talk to say john and sally he could just pm them.
the reason i think puting you town in is good rather than you county is some one might not be able to travel far might not drive so mike might only feel sally is worth teaming up with as everyone else is to far
i will kick it off with a new thread and hopefully most people will follow ( who's close to me )
to win the war, you must be willing to die
9 October 2012, 07:55,
GOM,

Fair enough. It makes sense but I would be unhappy about just making one up myself. I've made a point of leaving your level of privacy to you. You distribute what you want and I don't ask for anything.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 October 2012, 11:41,
I am somewhere in London