Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sheeple motivated
8 October 2012, 15:12,
RE: The sheeple motivated
Ah, quiet time. Not had that for years! I can't even take a shit without getting questions / demands shouted through the door at me!

Right, back on track Tongue

Sort yourself out with alternative power sources: solar, wind, water (if you're lucky enough) and let the masses worry about themselves. A couple of solar panels, a little wind turbine or two and a nice big battery bank and you're set. I'll be picking up a solar panel or two soon and the bats - no better time to invest in solar than darkest winter Big Grin
Then they can have rolling blackouts (brownouts? sounds wrong) to their hearts content.

8 October 2012, 15:15,
(8 October 2012, 15:12)BeardyMan Wrote: Ah, quiet time. Not had that for years! I can't even take a shit without getting questions / demands shouted through the door at me!

Tongue

at least you can go to work ! i got it 24/7/365!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 15:19,
(8 October 2012, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 October 2012, 15:12)BeardyMan Wrote: Ah, quiet time. Not had that for years! I can't even take a shit without getting questions / demands shouted through the door at me!

Tongue

at least you can go to work ! i got it 24/7/365!Tongue

A blessing in disguise! After travelling a whole 10 miles in 1 hour I wasn't in the same frame of mind this morning.
How the hell do these idiots manage to crash on a motorway? WE'RE ALL GOING THE SAME DIRECTION! Don't smash into the bloke in front and we'll all get to work at a reasonable time. These muppets should be made to stand by the side of the motorway for the next 12 hours as punishment.
8 October 2012, 15:30,
i havent travelled on a motorway since the time several years ago when all the traffic ground to a halt and we were left there for 2 hours, no one came to see if everyone was OK, plod went screaming through on the hard shoulder , then nothing for 2 hours, then all of a sudden the traffic started moving again. i dont travel on motorways these days, i prefer back country roads, at least even on A roads there's usually somewhere to go around, on Motorways unless your near the off ramp you've had it.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 October 2012, 19:31,
(8 October 2012, 15:12)BeardyMan Wrote: Then they can have rolling blackouts (brownouts? sounds wrong) to their hearts content.

Blackouts are where everything goes and brownouts are where everything is overloaded and the power drops but doesn't go off. So your lights go dim.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 October 2012, 19:38,
Can I ask a stupid question?? If the power goes out because the power stations stop working, would the solar panels on the roof still generate electricity?? AND if it does, is there any way to keep it instead of it going back into the grid???
8 October 2012, 20:20,
(8 October 2012, 19:38)Madgirl151 Wrote: Can I ask a stupid question?? If the power goes out because the power stations stop working, would the solar panels on the roof still generate electricity?? AND if it does, is there any way to keep it instead of it going back into the grid???

Yup to all, If the power stations stop working your solar panel still create electricty, but instead of it going back into the national grid and being wasted you would have a system where the soilar panels electricity charges a set of batteries, and its the batteries you use to provide power for your home.

If I remember correctly a simple switch is encorporated into the design to decide where the solar generated power goes, IE into the grid or into your batteries. Smile

And the only stupid questions are the ones people dont ask Smile

8 October 2012, 22:42,
Nr,

Almost right. It depends on the set up. Some are wired to feed into the grid, no option. Others just to batteries and some have the option of both. Depends what was installed.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2012, 06:28,
the system we have supplies the farm with direct power and the feeds a battery back to supply us at night and extra if any is fed to the grid
18 November 2012, 00:08,
(8 October 2012, 22:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: Nr,

Almost right. It depends on the set up. Some are wired to feed into the grid, no option. Others just to batteries and some have the option of both. Depends what was installed.

That tends to be on installations where you get the panels installed for free on a 25 year lease, you get free power but the exess power get sold to the grid and the instalation company gets the profit from the feed in tariff.
But most privately purchased systems can be set up only to provide power to your own domestic grid.