Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worrying glimpse into UK food mindset
8 October 2012, 12:42,
RE: Worrying glimpse into UK food mindset
The majority of sheeple in the village commute out to work each day, the last time we were snowed in they were wandering around the village like zombies with no where to go, reminded me of dawn of the dead, made I laugh it did. I put my bushcraft skills to good use, made some snow shoes and buggered off to my mates and the only decent pub for the night.
29 October 2012, 20:42,
My girlfriend who earns a VERY good salary only buys food for 1 week - when she goes away she leave absolutely no food in the house or fridge and books a delivery for the day after she returns home - I keep telling to stop doing that and try to buy food on a monthly basis (she's got the money to do it) and just top up with fresh fruit and veg - she refuses to listen - I guess when she gets snowed in she will understand what I was trying to warn her about.Exclamation
29 October 2012, 20:51,
(29 October 2012, 20:42)Prepared Chick Wrote: My girlfriend who earns a VERY good salary only buys food for 1 week - when she goes away she leave absolutely no food in the house or fridge and books a delivery for the day after she returns home - I keep telling to stop doing that and try to buy food on a monthly basis (she's got the money to do it) and just top up with fresh fruit and veg - she refuses to listen - I guess when she gets snowed in she will understand what I was trying to warn her about.Exclamation

Some folks sadly have to learn the hard way, but hopefully not the painful way.

29 October 2012, 21:17,
I went a stayed with my parents recently for a couple of days, both well into their 70's. I put my stuff in my old bedroom and opened the doors on a double cupboard to hang up a couple of shirts and I could hardly fit them in there, there were piles of cans of food, sugar and coffee, the lot. I went downstairs and mentioned it and they sheepishly replied that they spend an extra fiver each week on their weekly shop and put it away just incase they get snowed in.

They have no idea of what a "prepper" is, they wouldnt know what a forum looked like, but they use their common sense. Come tshtf I reckon their will be a few sheep left, quite a few preppers left, and a few million pensioners left Smile

I expect like a lot of older people, they remember WW11 when they were kids and remember the rationing that went along with it and are just more self reliant than subsequent generations.

You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
29 October 2012, 23:52,
Damn right IB1.

The OLD will inherit the earth!!! haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 October 2012, 07:17,
Until their medication runs out at least Smile

Thats something I better mention to them actually, they seem to have the right idea with food so they will probably be open to stocking up on their meds. I dont really mention prepping to them except in very general terms, i just prep for them as far as i can, but now that I know they have their own food store i'll be knocking on their door instead Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
30 October 2012, 12:31,
was talking to OH, this morning, about this on the drive back from the monthly run to Tesco's, i reckon a heck of a lot of Sheeple wont survive cos they cant think for themselves, we'll get "the govt will help us" or even" the americans will come to the rescue", sheeple are SO stupid.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.