Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reloading laws?
1 December 2012, 12:44,
RE: reloading laws?
I wouldn't store primed cartridges. There is no real benefit and they will add risk to you and yours. may as well prime them before you load them. Time saving hardly anything, risk increased.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
16 March 2013, 20:24,
(8 October 2012, 13:15)Tigs Wrote: ok been trying to find out the laws on reloading ! mainly the amount i can make up legally, as you now you FAC limits the amount you can buy at any one time or store , i was wondering if i can only make up ammo to the amount i can store , also can i hold empty cases primers etc more than that limit? anyone know the law on it ?

You can only have as many made up rounds in your possession as your licence states you can hold.

This also applies to section 5 components (bullets) that expand, if you have authority for them.

FMJ & target components you can have as many as you wish. No limit.

Reloading power, I think has an upper limit of 12kg.

WaylanderCool
17 March 2013, 16:48,
There is perhaps an advantage with shotgun cartridges, to reloading. You can use almost infinitely recyclable brass cartridges. Then you would only need to store appropriate primers, & normal / black powder & wadding / wax sealer, whichever is preferred....
17 March 2013, 18:08,
Interesting. Not seen these brass cartridges anywhere before. Where can you get them from?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 March 2013, 22:48,
Google is your friend.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1657554...-1-2-brass