Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reloading laws?
8 October 2012, 13:15,
reloading laws?
ok been trying to find out the laws on reloading ! mainly the amount i can make up legally, as you now you FAC limits the amount you can buy at any one time or store , i was wondering if i can only make up ammo to the amount i can store , also can i hold empty cases primers etc more than that limit? anyone know the law on it ?
8 October 2012, 19:16,
RE: reloading laws?
If your FAC says 200 rounds purchase 250 store then you cannot exceed 250. If you make more and are caught you will lose your license. You can store the components for 2000 as well as 250 made up as long as they are in component form. There is a limit to the amount of powder that you can have at any one time. This is written down somewhere, either on your FAC or on the booklet you get with it. There is no limit to the number of bullets or cases you can have in component form. I don't think there is any limit on primers either but being explosives they may add to the powder count. I keep my powder and primers in a separate cabinet while my ammo I keep in my gun safe.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2012, 06:19,
dam! my OH was right! i should have read the booklet!! why dont we men read instruction booklets ??? thanks Skean Dhude looks like i have a new hobby as from this week end Big Grin
9 October 2012, 07:47,
I've just started this. I went to a reloading course at the 50 Calibre Club and it put my mind right at ease plus I met some nice people.

All I would say is take it slow. Don't rush and don't take any chances. Everything should be definitive, no guesswork and if you are not sure start again.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 October 2012, 10:41,
theres a course starting this weekend near to us ! so plan on doing that first ! stocked up last week on ammo for the rifles, i am interested in seeing how to do shotgun cartridges too
9 October 2012, 17:40,
Reloading shotgun cartridges is only worthwhile if you are doing special loads. You can't make them yourself for the price you can get standard cartridges.
Skean Dhude
10 October 2012, 10:00,
what about sg and aaa cartridges , would there be a saving ?
10 October 2012, 20:41,
I have no idea what they are but for everything I've looked at I can't make them for the price they sell them.
Skean Dhude
11 October 2012, 06:11,
right! sg is small game and aaa cartridges are what used to be called 00 buckshot ( 9 lead balls ) both mostly used for practical shot gun
1 December 2012, 09:46,
I'm pretty sure you can have as many primed and prepped cases as you want but as soon as you put the head in it it becomes part of your allowance, I could be wrong it probably best checking with your local licensing department. Like most things shooting related it'll depend what area you live in as to what they tell you they seem to make it up as they go along, but atleast hearing it from the horses mouth you've covered your self. Just tell them our planing on a day at the range testing various loads at different distances and want to get it all ready beforehand, I don't think stocking up for the apocalypse is going to sound a valid reason.