Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stimulants for fitness.
9 October 2012, 08:25,
RE: Stimulants for fitness.
I'm a tea addict and this usually gives me enough boost to keep going.

For long range driving I rely more and more on Red Bull. Like Paul 3am to 4am is the dangerous time for me. I find that taking very small sips ofthe stuff evry 15 mins or so lets me keep going all night. But it completely screws up my sleep patterns for a couple of days afterwards:-(

I have not stocked any stimulants like this in my preps. the strongest I have is tea! ( and that'll run out oafter a year or so)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 October 2012, 09:16,
ECA!!! That's some REALLY good stuff!!! Much better when you get in as T5 though, otherwise it's a hell of a lot of tablets to take.

I see what you're saying SD. The comedown from Clen (for me anyway) is a pretty heavy headache. But that'll clear up pretty quickly. No such comedown from ECA though. ECA does make for a beast of an endurance enhancer.....for quite a while. I've gone from a 7 mile hefting run, to a 10 mile run, with a heavier pack, in the past. All from ECA. Use to run every morning at uni, then come back and run with the track team, or more precisely, a couple of mates from the running team.

I'm only thinking about use for a GHB really. But it's a good point CFM about hydration. Funny how we forget the more obvious things. I've found that if I'm well hydrated, the effect from stims is much greater and lasts longer!!!

As for the idea that everything should be done through our own strength, I agree, but also think that if taking a couple of tablets will enhance my ability and 'release my full potential' (and save my life) then I'm all for it. But for those not keen on stims, I understand and appreciate that view point.

Good feedback everyone.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 February 2024, 08:46,
Stimulants ie amphetamines were a part of aircrew emergency ration kits during WW2.
The thinking was, to be safely rescued after ditching etc, there was a time limited window of opportunity, in which to make it to realistic safety or rescue.
Stimulants, give or gave the aircrew, the energy they needed to make it out of harms way, back into safety, before capture or exhaustion set in.

I'm not sure if they're still used, I would imagine they are and almost certainly in the case of special forces.
27 February 2024, 11:12,
Football manager brian clough once said in interview if a player genuinely thought he could play better on drink,drugs he would let him .
But sort him out out of season.
Survive the jive (youtube )