Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eric Pickles warns David Cameron of rise in homeless families risk
14 October 2012, 06:48,
and we are all in it together! welcome to the new world order or is that the 1800's?

14 October 2012, 08:28, (This post was last modified: 14 October 2012, 08:29 by Metroyeti.)
RE: Eric Pickles warns David Cameron of rise in homeless families risk
Sadly were going to see alot more homless, they dont get the help now, theres going to be no help if cameron gets his way
*enough help, no help with cameron.
14 October 2012, 09:19, (This post was last modified: 14 October 2012, 09:21 by NorthernRaider.)
So you chaps dont mind people getting over £30,000 a year in benefits ?. I know families who have both families working who dont earn that much, cannot afford homes or get a mortgage thanks to labour ??. Are you chaps saying that because some folks fall on hard times they should be GIVEN a better income and standard of living than families who work?

I find this fascinating because I honestly dont understand the logic behind this.
(14 October 2012, 06:48)Tigs Wrote: and we are all in it together! welcome to the new world order or is that the 1800's?

OK so how many extra families are you going to offer accomodation to on your farm free of charge ? Smile
(14 October 2012, 08:28)Metroyeti Wrote: Sadly were going to see alot more homless, they dont get the help now, theres going to be no help if cameron gets his way
*enough help, no help with cameron.

How you you work that out when the average family can and does get assistance from the state in benefits and other help in excess of £27,000 PA

14 October 2012, 09:23,
capping benefit at £500 per week is going to make some families homeless??? can we please get a friggin grip? the only people this will effect is large immigrant families living in £million properties in the more expensive parts of Londonistan. and if this makes them MOVE to a cheaper property then GOOD!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 October 2012, 09:28,
If families in this area had £500 a week coming in through the door that would put them only £200 a months behind my wifes take home pay for working full time as a specialit nurse practitioner. I would not give them cash I would give em tokens for a sensible amount of heat and light and a box of groceries.

14 October 2012, 14:37,
(14 October 2012, 09:23)bigpaul Wrote: capping benefit at £500 per week is going to make some families homeless??? can we please get a friggin grip? the only people this will effect is large immigrant families living in £million properties in the more expensive parts of Londonistan. and if this makes them MOVE to a cheaper property then GOOD!!

Yes, it will. I don't know how much rent you pay, but when the average rent price of a 1BEDROOM home is over £900/m, yes reducing benefits to £500/m for the entire family would make people homeless. A LOT of people. And if it happens, they'll have to funnel those savings straight into the police force to combat the crimewave they create.
14 October 2012, 14:56,
(14 October 2012, 14:37)HunterNurturer Wrote: Yes, it will. I don't know how much rent you pay, but when the average rent price of a 1BEDROOM home is over £900/m, yes reducing benefits to £500/m for the entire family would make people homeless. A LOT of people. And if it happens, they'll have to funnel those savings straight into the police force to combat the crimewave they create.

No sorry move em to cheraper locations, you can rent two bedroom homes here for £340 a month, a five bed detached house will only cost £550 a month, 1 bedroom flats around here go at £65 a week.
No one should be getting more than the absolute bare minimum in benefits and it should be limited to only being paid out for 6 months max and only to those who have paid in.

14 October 2012, 15:25,
(14 October 2012, 14:37)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(14 October 2012, 09:23)bigpaul Wrote: capping benefit at £500 per week is going to make some families homeless??? can we please get a friggin grip? the only people this will effect is large immigrant families living in £million properties in the more expensive parts of Londonistan. and if this makes them MOVE to a cheaper property then GOOD!!

Yes, it will. I don't know how much rent you pay, but when the average rent price of a 1BEDROOM home is over £900/m, yes reducing benefits to £500/m for the entire family would make people homeless. A LOT of people. And if it happens, they'll have to funnel those savings straight into the police force to combat the crimewave they create.

So you are saying that giving a family £500 per week for doing jack shit isnt enough ?

Thats more than 2 grand a month, and thats more than me and my family have to live on a month and I have to work fucking hard to earn my wage. It's shit like this that has got us in the mess we are in. As BP says, roll on the crash.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
14 October 2012, 15:37,
(14 October 2012, 15:25)IB1 Wrote:
(14 October 2012, 14:37)HunterNurturer Wrote:

So you are saying that giving a family £500 per week for doing jack shit isnt enough ?

Thats more than 2 grand a month, and thats more than me and my family have to live on a month and I have to work fucking hard to earn my wage. It's shit like this that has got us in the mess we are in. As BP says, roll on the crash.

My mistake, I thought we were talking about £500/month, not £500/week.
14 October 2012, 15:48,
i think someone needs reading glasses!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.