Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from the North East
15 October 2012, 09:13,
Hello from the North East
Hello, I am BDG and I live in the North East of England. Recognise a few names here from a different place but this forum seems more layed back, relaxed and is more focused on where I am geographically.

What am I preparing to survive, or what do I think will happen? Everything and nothing, civil disorder, beef at £5/lb and so on.

What do I do about this? Little bit of land, grow fruit and veg, few chickens, big greenhouse, old, easy to maintain 4x4, bit of food in the cupboards, dug a well but the main thing is knowledge and skills amassed from years of doing outdoor things and building / fixing things.

What do I want from the boards? Some where to come to comment and share things that may interest those here.

So hello everyone.
15 October 2012, 09:35,
RE: Hello from the North East
Welcome from County Durham, theres a small core of northerners on here including me Metroyeti, 151, Road Warrior and I think Hexyprep, apologioes to anyone I missed.

How did you find us?

NR

15 October 2012, 09:39,
nr i think you mean north east , Yorkshire is north too lol !

helloi bdg and welcome to the forum
15 October 2012, 09:44, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2012, 09:45 by NorthernRaider.)
(15 October 2012, 09:39)Tigs Wrote: nr i think you mean north east , Yorkshire is north too lol !

helloi bdg and welcome to the forum

Since when?? North Midlands perhaps but the north starts at Thirsk in the east and Kendal in the west. We are very selective who is allowed to be called "NORTHERNERS", Imagine how you cloggies would feel if people from Lancs or Notts started claiming to be Yorkshiremen? And we only allow Thirsk in cos we are generous in reality anything south of the Tees is not in the north. Hruumph Smile

Anyway last time I went south of Thirsk it looked more like Hyderabad, Islamabad or Kabul than Yorkshire, more Afghans than whippets Smile
Even the army had the brains to keep the two seperate anyone from south of the Tees went into the Howards anything north went into the Light Inf or Fusiliers.

15 October 2012, 09:49,
anything north of Watford is classed as the north !! so there personally Yorkshire is gods own county so the center of everything worth while Tongue
15 October 2012, 09:49, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2012, 09:51 by NorthernRaider.)
Ah the joy of prayer being called from the mosques and minerets of Sheffieldabad, The Camel and Silk markets of Barnsleystan and Hudderfieldaya, The famous yorkshire militants of the Tetleyban, Theakstones old perculiar Kalashnikov factory ,
(15 October 2012, 09:49)Tigs Wrote: anything north of Watford is classed as the north !! so there personally Yorkshire is gods own county so the center of everything worth while Tongue

Anything north of watford is the north Midlands
Not Gods own country, Allahs own country.Smile

15 October 2012, 09:52,
(15 October 2012, 09:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ah the joy of prayer being called from the mosques and minerets of Sheffieldabad, The Camel and Silk markets of Barnsleystan and Hudderfieldaya, The famous yorkshire militants of the Tetleyban, Theakstones old perculiar Kalashnikov factory ,
(15 October 2012, 09:49)Tigs Wrote: anything north of Watford is classed as the north !! so there personally Yorkshire is gods own county so the center of everything worth while Tongue

Anything north of watford is the north Midlands
Not Gods own country, Allahs own country.Smile

no!Big Grin nuff said Tongue
15 October 2012, 09:54, (This post was last modified: 15 October 2012, 09:55 by NorthernRaider.)
Middlesbrough is generally accepted to be one of the worst places on earth to live, Even Fukushima, Beruit and Chernobyl didnt want twinning with this former Yorkshire town, and as souless and rotten as it is all we have to do is threaten to deport misbehaving smoggies south into Yorkistan and they behave Smile
You have to be born NORTH of the Tees or the Eden to be a northerner.

15 October 2012, 10:14,
Hi, welcome BDG
I always thought at a push anything south of the Tyne is down south..... at a push i know that Durham and Sunderland etc are part of the north east but it feels like everything south of the tyne is 'down south' lol
MG
15 October 2012, 10:21,
Even the government classes this area as the Tyne, Wear and Tees region, no mention of the Ouse etc Smile Mind you its not as outragous of places like Liverpool trying to claim northern status Smile