Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another very poor book by J W Rawles
24 October 2012, 09:17,
Another very poor book by J W Rawles
Whilst Patriots was truly superb its follow up Survivors was truly appaling spending much of the narrative ramming JWRs misguided religous beliefs down the readers throats , His third effort is even worse. FOUNDERS is Jims third book it tries i think to be a prequel to Patriots but its fractured, disjointed, jumps forward and back over about 15 years and again its full of silly religous bible thumping to the point it overwhelms the story.

Over the years I have collected HUNDREDS of PA / TSHTF type novels I have only ever thrown three away, two of them have been from JWR. I cannot belief the difference in the quality of the classic patriots a truly great novel, to the two follow ups. Dont waste your money on Survivors or Founders.
NR

24 October 2012, 10:28,
RE: Another very poor book by J W Rawles
Mabye he wrote the first one before he discovered god?
24 October 2012, 12:32,
to lateAngry
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
24 October 2012, 15:53, (This post was last modified: 24 October 2012, 18:13 by Skvez.)
Patriots is fine, a classic some say (though it's no perfect or near it), but avoid Survivors and [Founders] like the plague!!!

While I am a Christian (evangelical Calvinist), I believe Rawles has made a terrible misjudgment in trying to foist his religion down the necks of his readership, so much so that this third novel of his is by all accounts less of a survivalist piece and more of an idealist, sickeningly sweet and wholly inaccurate portrayal of Christian character. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Chaps, apologies again, for some reason I keep making awful typos on this site and then find I can't edit my posts afterwards... It's "Founders", not "Forerunners".
[Corrected]