Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mother of all food storage myths
25 October 2012, 14:43,
The mother of all food storage myths
http://survivethecomingcollapse.com/1970...age-myths/

25 October 2012, 14:56,
RE: The mother of all food storage myths
Do you remember that couple that were given a meat hamper at their wedding? The guy ate a can of tinned chicken on their 50th wedding anniversary!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 October 2012, 14:58,
when i first started on this site i was one of those people that dumped or tryed to eat all the out of date stuff ,now no way
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
25 October 2012, 15:28,
(25 October 2012, 14:58)Barneyboy Wrote: when i first started on this site i was one of those people that dumped or tryed to eat all the out of date stuff ,now no way
i dont believe all this stuff about dates on tins, or on anything else for that matter, i use my nose..if it smells alright...take a taste..if it tastes alright then it probably is alrightBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 October 2012, 09:51,
similar things were being said on that german tinned bread and stuff site, conserva.de i think they had done their own tests and research and demonstrated that tinned foods are fine for at least 50 years, if not much longer.

understanding simple biology will go a long way to understanding food degradation, for instance the main factors that will effect it would be light, heat and air, in a tin theres no light getting in, no air as long as its properly sealed and has no dents or anything in, and heat can be controlled by simply burying your food stockpile in an extra airtight container.

way i'd store my tinned goods would either be in my pantry with most the stuff i got or burying it all at my chosen BOL in an airtight moisture resistant container a few foot down, that way it wouldnt be subjected to too much in the way of temperature variation.

end of the day long as the food smells alright and tastes alright its perfectly fine, and most the time even if it doesnt smell totally fine it usually is Tongue use by dates and sell by dates are just the same shit from the guys that say its unsafe to walk up flights of stairs cause you might fall down and die Tongue