Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Newcastle
29 October 2012, 16:44,
RE: Hello from Newcastle
A prepper in my patch carnt be having that! Lived in sheilds for 3years now. Geordie my plan if it gets real bad is to steal the sheilds ferry and get out of dodge.
29 October 2012, 17:17,
Bugger that, I wouldn't trust my life to that rust heap. St. Mary's island might be a good BOL. Only accessable for about 6 or 8 hours each day. Drop a car or 3 on the causeway & we are sorted.
29 October 2012, 17:21, (This post was last modified: 29 October 2012, 17:21 by Metroyeti.)
Tynemouth pryory. Old school castle defence,big walls, masdive gate block it with a van on the inside, few cars blocking the road. Plenty of space to grew food, a house and a radio coms centre.
Forgot to add the battery amunation bunkers in with that.
29 October 2012, 23:11,
You would need quite a few people to defend the priory, the walls are easy to climb and you used to be able to walk around the wall on the side near the river. A friend and I once free climbed from King Edwards bay up into the priory. Probably not the thing I would do for fun now, but it is doable.

Spent two summers climbing into the place when English Heritage closed it up for the day and have climbed all over it.

As you go through the gateway, look above you and you will see some holes - these were for pouring molten lead and burning tar and pitch down onto attackers. The monks certainly were not peaceful about holding out there, they used to throw boulders and the like from the battlements onto attacking Vikings.
29 October 2012, 23:23,
They sealed the climbing entrance off, it would be defendable in a group not by yourself