Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
portable cooker wood burning stove
27 October 2012, 23:26,
portable cooker wood burning stove
for all you preppers out there , I make these stoves , you can put them in a tent ( I use mine in my tentipi and it is baking in there ) as an extra source of heating , wtshtf , portable heater /cooker , patio heater etc etc weight is 15kg all the chimney parts fit inside , ( the silver shroud in the photo is not included thats part of the tent proctection)

[Image: P4280121.jpg]
[Image: P5050158.jpg]

cost 140.00 inc postage to mainland uk

thanks for looking

pm me if your interested
regards
nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
28 October 2012, 00:34,
RE: portable cooker wood burning stove
nice stove dude! roughly how big is the main chamber? im assuming it'd fill a fair chunk of car even when packed up nicely
28 October 2012, 10:24,
hey up Hrusai , thanks for the comment the max length of wood in there is 8 inches , the legs and all the chimney parts fit inside the stove , the stove is made from a recycled 13 kg propane bottle , from cold to baking potato's 1 hour ad 20 minutes(which whilst coking something on the hotplate make a good dinner , here is a close up of the inside the door is 6.5 inches square , its approx 18 inches long and stands 16 inches tall and the chimney is 8 ft tall but you can have as many sections as you want on it
[Image: PA240129.jpg]
[Image: PA240125.jpg]

regards

nenook
when being chased by a hungry lion , you don't have to be the fastest runner, you just have to run faster than the bloke next to you !Smile
28 October 2012, 10:31,
looks good and will keep you warm but can you cook on it

i would prefer something like this [Image: bell_tent_stove_handmade_in_uk_2-500x500.jpg]
28 October 2012, 10:38,
yes mate it has a top flat plate , that can hold a med sized pot , the first picture (in the tent ) shows this better

regards

nenook
28 October 2012, 10:48,
I prefer to buy stuff made by members of our community, your stove looks first rate, and looks to be more solid than even the Frontier stove.

We need to get someone to do an independant review so we can all get a balanced opinion and then help nenook sell his stoves.

Nenook please post its dimensions.

28 October 2012, 12:30,
Can I just ask what it's like for smoke when you open the door?

Only reason is, me & my mate made a burner out of a gas bottle for my greenhouse a few years ago & every time you opened the door to refuel, it filled the greenhouse with smoke. I then had to open the door to let the smoke (and the heat) out. It still got bloody hot though.
28 October 2012, 12:40,
(28 October 2012, 12:30)Geordie_Rob Wrote: Can I just ask what it's like for smoke when you open the door?

Only reason is, me & my mate made a burner out of a gas bottle for my greenhouse a few years ago & every time you opened the door to refuel, it filled the greenhouse with smoke. I then had to open the door to let the smoke (and the heat) out. It still got bloody hot though.

Geordie if that happenes it means your stove was not " drawing" properly, IE the air pressure inside the GH was lower than at the chimney outlet, Usually when you open the door its should suck even more air in and the fire should flare up and everything should go up the flue. So you may need a taller chimney or one of those doofahs that helps draw the smoke out. Taller chimney or wider chimney etc.

28 October 2012, 13:17,
I'm really liking the design of this stove, looks like the perfect thing to put on our patio!
and its nice and portable (and not as heavy as i was expecting either!)
well im sure as hell interested in one, ill definately drop you a PM when im in a position to buy one Smile
cheers for the extra info Smile
28 October 2012, 18:23,
I love it, but wont be able to get one at the moment. Definatly keep it in mind though.