Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi From Dorset
29 October 2012, 15:38,
Hi From Dorset
Hi There, I'm SAM, a 43 yr old Married bloke from Sunny Dorset. Been doing a lot of researching , thinking over past several months about prepping, though Financially not in a good spot to buy lots of supplies,and my Wife not on board at all with it, mixture of too scared to want to know and some thinking people over reacting... and also limited space in a tiny two bedroom rented house. So just here to get more ideas and share mine (most of which involve some money, but hey at least others can benefit from it)

look forward to joining in some of the threads and sharing ideas and thoughts

SAM
Big Grin
29 October 2012, 15:41,
RE: Hi From Dorset
Welcome aboard Geezer, rest your mangel worzel and join in the insanity. Loads of other chaps and grockles from your area on the forum.

29 October 2012, 15:49,
Welcome to the site dude!

I'm also in dorset, good to have another local on the site Smile

what part of dorset you in if you dont mind me asking Smile...im near(ish) beaminster meself.

even when money is an issue, skills are free, ive been a little down on funds myself so i focus on gaining and practising the skills that i can, skills you'll never lose whereas supplies you can lose...so in my mind the best aspects of prepping really are free

anyway good to have you on board
29 October 2012, 15:53,
Welcome to the forum

I'm a previous Dorester, now a Somersetian.

Was Bedminster based (South Bristol) but am now Taunton.

Learning skills, abilities, fitness, and the alike, are all VITAL. If you're unfit and unable to travel far, having the best gear at your Bug out location, is totally useless!!! Gear provides extra capabilities. A first aid kit is important, but useless if you don't know how to use one. Same goes for knives. If you don't know how to use one, you're only screwing yourself over. Learn basic skills, and the rest will come with time.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 October 2012, 16:48,
geezer welcome from wales (pissing down here) enjoy this great site
29 October 2012, 16:52,
(29 October 2012, 15:49)Hrusai Wrote: Welcome to the site dude!

I'm also in dorset, good to have another local on the site Smile

what part of dorset you in if you dont mind me asking Smile...im near(ish) beaminster meself.

even when money is an issue, skills are free, ive been a little down on funds myself so i focus on gaining and practising the skills that i can, skills you'll never lose whereas supplies you can lose...so in my mind the best aspects of prepping really are free

anyway good to have you on board

Hi matey,
I Live in Sunny (well not at the moment) Blandford Forum in Dorset. Right smack in the middle of Dorset. 18 miles from Dorch, 14 from Poole, 26 miles west of Salisbury Smile
29 October 2012, 16:58,
Hi from andover hampshire welcome
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
29 October 2012, 17:18,
hello and welcome from norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 October 2012, 17:26,
(29 October 2012, 16:52)DorsetGeezer Wrote: Hi matey,
I Live in Sunny (well not at the moment) Blandford Forum in Dorset. Right smack in the middle of Dorset. 18 miles from Dorch, 14 from Poole, 26 miles west of Salisbury Smile

awh tidy, if you fancy meetin up at some point first rounds on me Smile
29 October 2012, 17:44,
Blandford Forum... I've been there as a kid. My parents used to drag me to Weymouth for summer holidays and we would go on long coach tours around "Hardy's Wessex"...

Anyway, welcome aboard from rain-soaked Ulster.