Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Honey harvest disasterous
31 October 2012, 12:00,
UK Honey harvest disasterous
Honey harvest down 72% according to the BBC, we only got 8 jars per have compared with a normal of 30 jars!!!

31 October 2012, 12:05,
RE: UK Honey harvest disasterous
ugg I decided not to pick more honey up this morning as I figured it could wait another week to add to the 30 plus jars I already have... looks like I might be going to get them afterall.
Honey will be so useful if SHTF.
31 October 2012, 12:10,
(31 October 2012, 12:05)Hexyprep Wrote: ugg I decided not to pick more honey up this morning as I figured it could wait another week to add to the 30 plus jars I already have... looks like I might be going to get them afterall.
Honey will be so useful if SHTF.

Well it lasts forever, its just so useful as a food and as an ingrediant in medicines

31 October 2012, 13:41,
I love honey!!!

I know it lasts forever, because it's sterile and is basically nectar. But does anyone have any idea of how long maple syrup lasts?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 October 2012, 13:47,
Years and Years, best kepty cool, but apparently if you get spot of mould on the top you just scrape it off and warm up the maple, let it cool and use it. thats according to a google search

31 October 2012, 14:18,
Local bee keepers round me are moaning about this the whole time.

It's going to be touch and go if some hives survive as they just haven't laid in enough supplies.
Not enough pollen, too wet.

Got the idea that bees are very good preppers right up till man goes and cocks it all up by nicking the fruits of their labors.
31 October 2012, 14:33,
A lady on the BBC has put blocks of fondant i think into the hives to help feed em through the winter.