Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you string a crossbow?
31 October 2012, 19:48,
How do you string a crossbow?
Ok here goes. I bought a 80lb Armex pistol Xbow & can I hell get the string on. Is there any special tips or methods or do I just keep going with trying to bend the prod?

Cheers

Rob
31 October 2012, 20:22,
RE: How do you string a crossbow?
Try this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1JDz0UeFLA
31 October 2012, 20:32, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2012, 20:37 by NorthernRaider.)
That technique works well for both the Mk 1 Cobra and the Mk 2 as well as the Taipan.

You can also jerry rig a piece of paracord that you can tighten like a garrot to pull the bow in
or
you can get someone to help.
Geordie make sure you go to the hunting / weapons section and see Nemesis / Wet & Colds bolt mods for the Cobra.
I've got both the Mk1 and mk2 and both are nice additions to my kit.

31 October 2012, 21:20,
Finally got it strung. Took 3 of us. Maybe xbows wouldn't be a good choice for me post shtf

Perhaps a smaller bow for me rather than xbow. This is the downside of being 5ft6 & a skinny runt Smile
31 October 2012, 21:26,
Look at my review of the Barnett Banshee quad, SD got me into them I've got three now, AL from Skye says he is getting one and I think road warrior fancies one ??

1 November 2012, 14:13,
very carefullyBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.