Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF home security
1 November 2012, 19:08,
RE: SHTF home security
I've some of those alarm mines. They don't take normal cartridges and if they did they would not be any use. When the cartridge primer is hit it detonates and this ignites the gunpowder.

In a gun this expands in a steel tube pushing all in it's way, the shot, along the barrel.
In the mine this expands the case until it ruptures and the gas is released through the weakest point, not pushing that heavy shot anywhere.

Now if it was in your hand you would know it as you take the force of the blast but not while in a mine unless the mine was touching your leg and even then it would be unclear which side would rupture.

You would need to fit the cartridge in a tube, emulating a barrel and that wouldn't fit in the mine.

The only way to do it would be build your own mine and that would constitute a firearm and thus illegal.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 November 2012, 22:44,
Best line of defence is to attack
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
1 November 2012, 23:02,
(1 November 2012, 22:44)Wildman Wrote: Best line of defence is to attack

But if someone is friendly, an attack might not be the best idea.

Also, if someone comes by then leaves peacefully, that's even better.

Wait and see their intention, then respond accordingly.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 November 2012, 01:03,
if the shit happened and you had food or any thing some wanted then the last man standing takes all?
remember you can't just pop to the shop or find an easy target if your hungry and you want it you go for it and the devil be damed.
if the rule of law is gone then any thing will go
to win the war, you must be willing to die
2 November 2012, 10:14,
Kill em all, let god sort them out.

2 November 2012, 10:18,
(1 November 2012, 23:02)Scythe13 Wrote:
(1 November 2012, 22:44)Wildman Wrote: Best line of defence is to attack

But if someone is friendly, an attack might not be the best idea.

Also, if someone comes by then leaves peacefully, that's even better.

Wait and see their intention, then respond accordingly.

your going to let them in, they see you have food, then you let them leave?? they will tell everyone else you have food they come back in a mob! take them out i say! 1 less to deal with later!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.