Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire arrows from your catapult
31 October 2012, 21:25, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2012, 21:34 by NorthernRaider.)
Fire arrows from your catapult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Auh31DKSDk
Link to E bay seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sling-Shot-sli...3f1e6ca4c8

1 November 2012, 04:48,
RE: Fire arrows from your catapult
Made a sling bow but didn't like it.
I had to use super mag bands to get the arrow out to 20 yards with any force.
Because of the harder pull (35 lbs), the accuracy went stupid.
Didn't use a archery biscuit though, just shot though a simple eye bolt taped to the handle.
I used an old damaged 28" alloy arrow which I inserted a golf tee where the nock was to hold the arrow.
Even then I had to change the pouch to a full cup as my normal ones are punched to seat 3/8 ball ammo.

Then it all went wrong as I released wrongly.
The arrow tried to exit at an angle and got bent as it "folded" against the eye bolt.
Hurt like hell as the force ripped off the eye bolt into my hand.
Dunno if a biscuit would have prevented that but as always, a slingshot going wrong is no laughing matter.

1 November 2012, 07:21,
I find bows work with arrows. Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 November 2012, 07:39,
Seen a few vids for this. Wildernessoutfitters ( guy that was on cody lundeens show)and johnjayrambo111 on you tube.

Badger its encase you bow strings snap, also quite a useful way of taking out deer with something that fits in your pocket.
1 November 2012, 07:46,
I can`t imagine taking out a rabbit with a catapult fired arrow... never mind a deer...!!!
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
1 November 2012, 07:49,
The one wilderness outfitters did was impressive, had some power behind it.
1 November 2012, 07:56,
Wink Methinks in this country there will always be something "lying around" to fabricate a bow string out of.... in all honesty I can`t see the practical side to using any type of catapult to launch an arrow at your prospective dinner. Smile

Just my humble opinion is all. Shy