Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greeks help themselves
1 November 2012, 21:41,
Greeks help themselves
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-radio-and-tv-19289566
1 November 2012, 21:59,
RE: Greeks help themselves
Very commendable that they are doing something to help themselves, but it is movements like that - ones that want to live peacefully without government interference or interaction that the government fears the most.

From the persecution of the Diggers who although could be called communist, occupied mainly common land, the enclosure acts taking away communal land rights from commoners, the Victorian back to the land movement which was tempered some what by the Allotment Acts governments will try to do as much as possible to break the bonds of man with land.
1 November 2012, 22:41,
Coming to a county near you in the New Year I'm thinking.
Tent cities are already growing in the UK and there are a lot of newly homeless when the housing benefit changes hit next year. I'm guessing that numbers will soar.

Perhaps the Mayans got it right when they said "it's all going to end in DEC 2012".

Just enough time left to stock up.
1 November 2012, 23:05,
I think when the housing benefits changes come in, those that could be made homeless will take a long time to be made homeless. It takes a decent amount of time for someone to be evicted - sure, they can be served an eviction notice but it can take months to get them out. We will see a lot of legal action I think, followed by those people moving from the south east of England to mostly other parts of England, but some to other parts of the UK.

Send them all to Scotland and then start a campaign for a 'Yes' Vote!

In reality we will see the urban poor of the South East moving - something like this:

[Image: 2a95k5v.jpg]

The most desirable of them will play the game well and end up just outside the South East - the worst of them will be sent further afield, to where there is housing. Not so bad for me as not a lot of spare housing up here.

I am aware on Teeside that almost empty estates exist, or did if some one can put me right?

Do we have tent cities in the UK other than those staging some kind of protest?
1 November 2012, 23:30,
Wisbech springs to mind.
1 November 2012, 23:35,
Only a temporary thing I thought for ag workers and something that has always gone on. I know my family in these parts took time off work and their was a school holiday to potato pick and the cocker-knees used to do fruit harvesting and hop picking back in the day.

Now we have a load of Eastern Europeans and North Indians in the fens at certain times of the year following the work, or are they year round and static?
2 November 2012, 14:05,
Yes there are almost completely mini estates in Teesside, in places like the Clarences and Haverton hill, but they are no good to anyone who was not born in that area, is white, chavvy and has the same accent. I kid you not they will drive out anyone from outside the area who tries to move in. The Labour party induced total deprivation in many of these parts is unbelievable and the areas are almost completely lawless. Unemployment at about 80% rampant drug abuse, no facilities and shop, sure start, community facility get burgled within days, even teams of council workers often are accompanied by security guards. the social infrastructure and fabric of parts of teeesside is close to collapse.

2 November 2012, 15:03,
(1 November 2012, 23:30)Paul Wrote: Wisbech springs to mind.

Forgot, Two farm tracks with 1/2 a dozen rickety caravans occupied the whole year round on the way to Boston from Horncastle.
Sanitation is 'lacking' to put it mildly.
4 November 2012, 09:42,
Sounds as though the ouzo is in short supply and reality is breaking through at last. Could be wrong, of course, about the reality.