Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obesity crisis 'will force hospitals to use super-size MRI scanners at zoos'
2 November 2012, 23:02,
RE: Obesity crisis 'will force hospitals to use super-size MRI scanners at zoos'
Silocon on salt
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
3 November 2012, 10:47,
RE: Obesity crisis 'will force hospitals to use super-size MRI scanners at zoos'
(2 November 2012, 20:48)BDG Wrote: I think their are 6 products in the UK that contain GM, they are not common at all and the use of growth hormones is illegal. Fat people eat more than they need, that is all.

that as a generalisation is untrue, sure most fat people eat too much but sometimes the cause is medical like my 2nd ex.wife, some people have slower systems than others.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 November 2012, 13:37,
Maybe the crisis of medical infrastructure being unable to cope with people who are massively overweight through lifestyle choices will "force" them to lose weight
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
3 November 2012, 13:58,
(3 November 2012, 13:37)Tibbs735 Wrote: Maybe the crisis of medical infrastructure being unable to cope with people who are massively overweight through lifestyle choices will "force" them to lose weight

More likely the namby pamby bloody dogooders of the Liberal left will say the tax payer should help these poor aflicted people because its not their fault they are gross hidiously obese lumps of lard that are bleeding the NHS dry.
NO self inflicted condition should be covered by the NHS.

3 November 2012, 14:53,
After all the comments there is an alternative way of looking at it.

The zoo deals with big animals so it buys scanners to suit. It pays for them itself.
The hospital decides that despite you paying for your scanners via tax you can't have any that suit because they decide you should be smaller. So you are screwed.

Only in the NHS can anyone do this. Yet again the NHS proves it is unfit for purpose.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2012, 21:58,
They should be stuck on diets and made to lose weight there are some that do have weight issues due to underlying health issues (thyroid etc) as for carers the only reason some have these is because they wont go out because people take the p**s out of them
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
3 November 2012, 22:42,
Pagan-Mist, Perhaps then they shouldn't take money from them to provide a health service that doesn't allow fat people, smokers, drinkers and anyone else who is not politically correct.

Don't worry though. They will get around to you soon enough. Oh, A prepper. You should have prepared your own MRI scanner, can't use ours.

Funny enough the NHS seems to be a sacred cow over here. It is perfect except for the thousands who die because of maltreatment every year.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 November 2012, 22:47,
The NHS lost its direction decades ago as soon as it started its wasteful schemes .

3 November 2012, 22:55,
(3 November 2012, 10:47)bigpaul Wrote: that as a generalisation is untrue, sure most fat people eat too much but sometimes the cause is medical like my 2nd ex.wife, some people have slower systems than others.

Hahahaha, what?!

She was fat, therefor she had ate more food than she needed unless she could photosynthesise.

Could your 2nd ex-wife, who I am going to assume was human photosynthesise?

No?

Well, unless she was able to break some pretty basic laws of physics, she had at some point for a sustained period consumed more calories than her body needed to survive.

The only condition she had was that she had large eyes, and her belly was actually as big as them, or that her bum could not poo as fast as her mouth could eat.

3 November 2012, 23:04,
Ouch that's a bit harsh strict diets is what should be done and is needed and like I said in my last post some may have health problems which should be monitered by by the health proffesion. And as for needing and MRI scan I've been waiting months for one due to red tape and certain medical proffesionals not getting off their a**es to get my paperwork down from wales and bristol
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.