Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
rebuilding society.
9 April 2012, 00:43,
RE: rebuilding society.
I think from a Post SHTF Scenario, there will be enough Political/Social leaders surviving in their priveleged bunkers with an armed force behind them that would want to reinforce there rule upon the surviving masses, even though that group would now be in the minority and would have no legal entitlement or electorate to justify it, just armed force. Would we then become rebels, freedom fighters? or would we then go into a a civil war?
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
9 April 2012, 05:47,
Personally, We would firstly become rebels. and after linking up with other rebels and forming an Army, then we would be a part of a civil war. It would need to be a guerilla war to combat the enemy fire power and their trained men. Obviously, their numbers would be much smaller so our chances of winning would be reasonably good. Kenneth Eames.
9 April 2012, 09:23,
it all depends on "the event" in the first place, if its something that effects the population at large and reduces the numbers, then there will be a corresponding reduction in the ruling classes too, they may have a few bunkers but i dont think they'll ALL fit in there and a direct hit will seal it up for ever anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 12:28,
Personally I think we should go round sealing up all the bunkers after this lot have gone in. I'm getting feeling I've already talked about this but here goes anyway.

In reality though it depends on the event. They can't take everyone down there and taking an armed force without their families is going to be a big problem for them. A military coup is likely and soldiers go beserk.

When they come out if they tried to take over the country they wouldn't have the manpower. However a bit at a time building up a society as they went with a justice system would be welcomes by many. I don't see us being rebels in that instance.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 April 2012, 12:37,
it all depends on what the event is, but if its a large enough event with a large die off, i can see cities being uninhabitable and the population going back to live in small villages with an agricultural society. i dont see "outsiders" being welcomed especially the ones trying to force the villagers to do something they didn't want to do, we could sort out our own rules without interference from outside.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2012, 13:08,
it would have to be world wide otherwise cam would ask the yanks for help or some other country would come in and take over
to win the war, you must be willing to die
9 April 2012, 13:23,
Ive got a welder, so we just need a generator and we can seal them up no worries...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
9 April 2012, 16:46,
(9 April 2012, 13:23)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Ive got a welder, so we just need a generator and we can seal them up no worries...
just padlock the doors Mike, then seal up the air vents, no need to go hitechTongue