Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NR wants to buy a stealth aerial for his CB
3 November 2012, 11:32,
RE: NR wants to buy a stealth aerial for his CB
(3 November 2012, 11:14)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: Hey NR, Want to swop it for one of these wind up transceivers? Wink

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Midland-Base-C...0855734218

No thanks i can shout further than PMR 446 can broadcast Smile

3 November 2012, 11:35,
Ahaaaa! But can you 'wind up' NR? TongueTongueTongue Rolleyes
3 November 2012, 11:42,
If there is a way of changing the boards in that radio to allow 25 to 30 MHzs in transceive mode then I would be interested. Smile
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
3 November 2012, 11:57,
(3 November 2012, 11:42)BrixhamBadger Wrote: If there is a way of changing the boards in that radio to allow 25 to 30 MHzs in transceive mode then I would be interested. Smile

It already does CB and 10 meter Amateur 27 to 30 Megs thats why i keep trying to make it work in a useful manner.

3 November 2012, 11:59,
No ya plonker... the Midland in the link, not yours...!!!
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
3 November 2012, 12:12,
(3 November 2012, 11:42)BrixhamBadger Wrote: If there is a way of changing the boards in that radio to allow 25 to 30 MHzs in transceive mode then I would be interested. Smile

Want to swap that nice boat of yours BB? Smile Smile Smile I haven't opened it up, anything is possible if you have the know how BB, but I can't advise you on that sorry! Smile
3 November 2012, 12:20,
[Image: ahh.gif]

(3 November 2012, 12:12)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: Want to swap that nice boat of yours BB?

Rolleyes Shy Tongue Wink
3 November 2012, 22:57,
Well exactly as expected I posted a specific post with clear concise criteria and in under a few hours you lot have as per usual gone completely off topic, So as I have to do so often is I just found an alternative, I got a 1.5 meter 27FM Thunderpole on a Magmount, stock it on a pieces of 2ft x 2ft metal, stuffed it in the loft, and now I can hear loads of foul mouthed retards, halfwits and dickheads clogging the airwaves with total garbage.
Seven lessons learned
1 Dont expect straight answers from technogeeks Smile
2 CB currently is a complete waste of time for preppers
3 Amateur is not worth the hoop jumping for the licence (for me), besides as soon as TSHTF the repeaters will go off along with many hams
4 PMR 446 is a kiddys toy or a technogeeks play thing Smile
5 I need a mains PSU to convert 220VAC into 9vdc to power this Intek H 520 cos it eats batteries.
6 After the SHTF a radio will be the absolute last piece of kit I will bother with.
7 If I could sell this rig for close to what I paid for it I would.

4 November 2012, 00:00,
Thanks NR.
Your 7 lessons learnt are noted.

4 November 2012, 01:28,
Ha! Ha! So pretty close to a DV27 on a baking tray then!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

1/CB is currently NOT a waste of time for ALL preppers! It's a shame that you find it so!

It's also a good way to put people off investigating comms making sweeping statements like this!

2/ How do you know it's not worth jumping through the hoop? As far as I'm aware, ham radio is not just about repeaters!!!

3/ PMR 446 is really useful to preppers!

4/ A PSU won't help you if the grid goes down pshtf! Doesn't sound like it will help you get much benefit now either!!!

5/ Perhaps you really should flog your kit and forget comms.

Seems to me LS and Paul in the comms threads have both indicated what could be of best use to us and how to set sytems up, best buys for different things etc etc etc

It's really detrimental to the further encouragement of others expanding their preps to include comms when you post like this! DodgyDodgyDodgy