Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read and learn preppers, guns, knives, bows and NYC
3 November 2012, 22:35,
Read and learn preppers, guns, knives, bows and NYC
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...power.html

4 November 2012, 07:52,
RE: Read and learn preppers, guns, knives, bows and NYC
sorry but they were told to stock up and be ready for up to 10 days of power cuts!! so why the feck are they complaining?
4 November 2012, 09:18,
It does seem a shame that once in a while they have to wake up from the 'american dream' and face a reality.
To be woken up several days before the reality kicked in and do nothing - or relatively little - about it says a lot.

So I am being a little harsh, possibly. It's all part of the learning curve.
4 November 2012, 10:20,
What has me thinking is that eve with its slightly left leaning culture in the NE of the US they are till pretty much into self reliance and standing up for themselves, could you imagine the effects of a storm like Sandy on say London, Liverpool, Birmingham etc where the " We should be given" mentality dominates?

4 November 2012, 11:39,

Ye gods this is getting old. As Tigs said, they were warned. If something like that happened over here, I've no doubt the results would be exactly the same. So why oh why do we have to keep banging on about it, when we know damn well no-one will bother to listen.
I've said it before, I don't see the point in getting bent out of shape over the things out of my control. And frankly, some of you on here are no better than those whining, with your constant govt bashing. Hypocrisy abounds, in one breath, you blame the average Joe Bloggs for being a sheeple and in the next, you question the abililties of the authorities to manage a crisis to help said Joe Bloggs! For goodness sake make up your minds or even better, stop politicking and get back to prepping related topics!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
4 November 2012, 11:46,
i can see where your coming from TOF, but you have to remember talking about Politics and the Weather is what the British do best!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2012, 11:59,
TOF,

Whining is a British tradition. I did want these forums to be prepper only but the overwhelming feedback I got was to provide sections for non prepping talk. One of those is this section. general news.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 November 2012, 12:07,
Hey TOf I've got an Olympic gold in political whining Smile, I think it helps aleviate stress among us as does the odd bit of insane humour Smile

4 November 2012, 12:11,
(4 November 2012, 12:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hey TOf I've got an Olympic gold in political whining Smile, I think it helps aleviate stress among us as does the odd bit of insane humour Smile
in your case, very insane!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 November 2012, 12:20,
(4 November 2012, 12:11)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 November 2012, 12:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hey TOf I've got an Olympic gold in political whining Smile, I think it helps aleviate stress among us as does the odd bit of insane humour Smile
in your case, very insane!!Big Grin

Try being married for 35 years its enough to drive any man off his trolley. Smile