Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How prepared are you? Prepper survey.
5 November 2012, 00:05,
RE: How prepared are you? Prepper survey.
12-16 months, big help by growing food, having a well and water storage and a 4x4. While the purpose of prepping is not to try and win some points in a quiz, if you are staying at home come Armageddon, near everyone should have top marks for water. Everyone repeat after me GUTTER PIPE WHEELY BIN BOIL WATER.

If the idea of drinking out of a bin does not sound like your cup of tea, get some 40 gal drums on hand. In a medium to longer term crisis, the ability to store water is as important as having some water on hand in a short term crisis.

5 November 2012, 01:16,
12=16 months.

Low security, apparently. I feel so vulnerable now haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 November 2012, 06:42,
Not done the quiz, deffo dont have enough food to last 2months, never mind 16
5 November 2012, 10:07,
(4 November 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Anyone up for a bit of digging near Chester?

Rolleyes Can I bring my metal detector? Wink
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
5 November 2012, 10:41,
score 91

24 months

low security , weapons are an excellent equalizer one gun is a start but two with 1000 rds per person is ideal, standardizing your weapons to one caliber simplifies ammo storage and reloading

typical American answer !

not in the UK where we can only store a limited amount of ammo legally and having more than one type of firearm is hard
5 November 2012, 10:46, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 10:49 by NorthernRaider.)
Nat Geo should redraft the quiz so it reflects the British community.
Thinking about fire arms even if i was allowed weapons legally I would either go all 9MM ( 9mm Pistol and 9mm Carbine) or 22LR and .410 like the family on DDP, I fired my old mossberg .410 pump with rifled slugs it did all I needed.

5 November 2012, 12:41,
(4 November 2012, 22:56)Paul Wrote: Scored 57.
No firearms, poor security, no bOL, no 4x4 BOV, no deep nuke shelter.
Wow, I'm doomed (NOT).

We're going to starve in 4 to 8 months BUT we've planned for 6 months so I suppose that's about right.

As for electricity being essential! We deliberately built our survival plan for no power.
I suppose the yanks need to run essential things like their TV's and blenders more than we do.

Funny only talking about bartering for goods.
I'm guessing that a few of us will be negotiating for what we need with pointy and "bang bang" things.
I suppose that as it's a family show, they can't include that option.

(4 November 2012, 19:09)ICRCC Wrote:
(4 November 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: I'm going to die as soon as my food runs out by the looks of things 12 to 16 months unless I dig a big bunker.

Anyone up for a bit of digging near Chester?

!2 to 16 months is actually a good score. This poll was based on US society which is mouch more brutal than the UK.

Brutal?
If you mean the US has more guns I suppose so yet when push becomes shove here, a knife in the guts is just as effective.
Similar score to you Paul, as you said planned for no power etc...
Plus the U.S. isn't here so not to bothered by the score...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...