Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read Me - Recent Complaints
5 November 2012, 09:02,
RE: Read Me - Recent Complaints
[Image: complaints.jpg]
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
5 November 2012, 09:14,
(4 November 2012, 22:39)Skean Dhude Wrote: Over the weekend I've fielded a few complaints about posts placed on this forum. All the complaints have been about different people but have all been about the same thing. Comments dropped into the text which are seen as offensive.

Now I'm not one to support people whining about general comments but in the cases I've been looking at they are simply throw away remarks that add nothing to the debate and are all in the general threads about politics. I agree with the complaint.

Although we are not a political or religious site we see threats from politicians and religions and so I am happy to see those posted in the correct forums but we must not then jump on the bandwagon of lumping everyone in with the one bad apple in the post.

With hindsight we have been doing it for some time and so if you want to be able to continue posting news of a potentially controversial nature then we need to control how we respond to that post. No general attacks, no picking on groups where many in that group do not conform to the label you are about to put on them.

None of this happens, unless it goes off topic, in the prepping threads. If you want to keep the news threads then don't abuse them.

A serious issue, immediately chllenged in an oh so funny way..... that's called passive aggression.

Typical. Thanks guys (not)

Act you age not your shoe size.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

5 November 2012, 09:39,
I prefer the old adage of "if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen" I must be honest though if there are wusses who get offended by political rhetoric or contentious issues or criticism they would probably be better on UKP or P2S, but I agree people should not be attacked, abused or criticised because of their strongly held religous beliefs.

However I care greatly for SD and greatly respect his wisdom and guidance and I like this forum, So hopefully the offensive stuff will subdue, but I hope we can find a way of identifying the poor delicate easily offended souls so i can ignore them, Thats fair I believe.
So if anyone is of a delicate nature and offended by anything I post please have the decency to speak up about it and dont go running to SD, then if I know who I am offending I can ignore and everyone wins Yes?

5 November 2012, 09:52,
Rolleyes [Image: Audience-Applause-292x300.gif] Shy
Dodgy If you always have, on your person, at least 2 ways to make fire, you might be a prepper. Tongue
5 November 2012, 09:59,
How about we shoot all politicians, regardless of who they allegedly stand for. Problem solved in my eyes.

Disclaimer: I'm not seriously promoting mass murder, it's meant as a light-hearted joke. I mean, come on, how would we ever manage to survive without our dear leaders.

On a serious note, my opinion is there are 4 things totally off limits when it comes to joking. Race, religion, sex & sexuality.
5 November 2012, 10:03,
(5 November 2012, 09:59)Geordie_Rob Wrote: On a serious note, my opinion is there are 4 things totally off limits when it comes to joking. Race, religion, sex & sexuality.

Rolleyes That`s my repertoire of jokes out the window then. Blush
5 November 2012, 10:09,
Do we need to start a list of off topic things ? sooo Smile

No more more mention of Islamic terrorists their targets and tactics
No more mention of the risk of paedaphiles, bestialists, necrophiliacs or sado masachistics
No more debate about the huge influx of Black Africans or Asians / Asiatics destabilising UK communities?

Whats that I see in the distance ? Oh its just a slippery slope Smile

5 November 2012, 10:12,
(5 November 2012, 10:03)BrixhamBadger Wrote: Rolleyes That`s my repertoire of jokes out the window then. Blush

Sorry. You can still take the p**s out of me for my lack of DIY skills. And my shorter thumb as a result of my lack of DIY skills Smile
5 November 2012, 10:21,
(5 November 2012, 10:12)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(5 November 2012, 10:03)BrixhamBadger Wrote: Rolleyes That`s my repertoire of jokes out the window then. Blush

Sorry. You can still take the p**s out of me for my lack of DIY skills. And my shorter thumb as a result of my lack of DIY skills Smile

Thats thumbist Smile

5 November 2012, 10:28,
(5 November 2012, 09:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: I prefer the old adage of "if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen" I must be honest though if there are wusses who get offended by political rhetoric or contentious issues or criticism they would probably be better on UKP or P2S, but I agree people should not be attacked, abused or criticised because of their strongly held religous beliefs.

However I care greatly for SD and greatly respect his wisdom and guidance and I like this forum, So hopefully the offensive stuff will subdue, but I hope we can find a way of identifying the poor delicate easily offended souls so i can ignore them, Thats fair I believe.
So if anyone is of a delicate nature and offended by anything I post please have the decency to speak up about it and dont go running to SD, then if I know who I am offending I can ignore and everyone wins Yes?

I don't think any of the complaint was aimed at you personally NR.

There has certainly been a lot of Xenophobic BS spouted that I find distasteful, but have chosen to completely ignore. That's the sort of thing the forum should be mindful of.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580