Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liberal media, White House owes preppers and survivalists a massive apology
5 November 2012, 16:41,
RE: Liberal media, White House owes preppers and survivalists a massive apology
Posting from my notepad, as soon as I clicked on the link all my AV progs went mental, every time I run AVG and Malware bytes it detects 4 virus's, i clear them and they come straight back, My main laptop is crippled, dunno if I can salvage it and get back online.
If you dont hear from me for a while I failed, and I cant afford a new PC, Fingers crossed.

5 November 2012, 16:50, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 16:55 by Prepper1.)
Its a weird one alright, my laptops clear and I've been on and off pakalert all day.
I've run avg and malware bytes too and nothing...

if you can get it online, run one or more of the online antivirus and anti malware as they bypass the operating system and the problem.
Trends a good one
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

and eset
http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

bit defender
http://www.bitdefender.com/scanner/online/free.html

Well theres plenty of torrents on line for the windows 7 and activators...if you cant get it to work, Not that I know what they are for or what torrents are for that matter....AngelAngel

Im running them all as we speak just to be on the safe side...
Do you use zone alarm firewall?
I've always used it with minimal problems.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
5 November 2012, 17:07,
I use windows fireawall, AVG 2013 Free, Malware Bytes.

5 November 2012, 17:46,
AVG scanned, nothing found.

5 November 2012, 21:34, (This post was last modified: 5 November 2012, 21:36 by Prepper1.)
(5 November 2012, 17:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: I use windows fireawall, AVG 2013 Free, Malware Bytes.

ahh see that could be the problem. I always disable windows firewall because I found it let viruses and malware in. if your running windows 7 instal zone alarm its better and more reliable. I use it all the time. but make sure you install it from checkpoints main site as some are naughty sites that instal spyware also.

You can disable windows firewall in windows 7 buy clicking control panel, administrative tools,double click component services then double click services local.

scroll down till you find windows firewall right click properties then start up type change to disabled and then change recovery options to do nothing.

Honestly I thoroughly recommend disabling windows firewall its always flucking up, I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 once and thought go on I'll give it a go and not zone alarm.

Worst mistake I ever made I had to reinstall windows that same day!!

And windows 7 activator ... Daz's activator is great but scan for viruses especially with torrents if you use them, there notorious for dickh88ds putting viruses in them.
Windows firewall is good for sending secret info back to microsoft as well....
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
7 November 2012, 20:38,
(5 November 2012, 17:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: I use windows fireawall, AVG 2013 Free, Malware Bytes.

I assume you know to start it up in safe mode if you think you have a virus?
If not, restart your comp and as Windows is starting start pressing F8 (sometimes you have to tap it, sometimes hold it)

Then run malwarebytes in safe mode, and it should now be able to kill anything it recognises. If that doesn't work, get Spybot Search And Destroy (free) on a disk, start in safe mode and run that. Between the two of them they can handle just about everything.