Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advert got NRs attention
8 November 2012, 11:25,
Advert got NRs attention
Just browing the free local giver away paper, we call it the Advertiser around here but most parts of the country have their own version.

I saw a new advert from one of our regions double glazing companies, two adverts actually.
First was for a UPVC front door, fully fitted for £350 it was advertised with a big add on box saying now REINFORCED FRAMES N PANELS.
So i phoned em to ask why. They said there was a growing demand for ever more secure doors that ignored the fire depts influence to have easily kick inable panels.

He then suggested if I was REALLY concerned about door security I should lok at the growing popularity of COMPOSITE doors.
He directed me to a picture on the same advert for what just looked like a red painted timber from door, with a tiny 1/2 moon window at the tope and modern europrofile door furnature.

It turns out that this normal to a point of almost not noticing it door, is made up of two solid steel sheets laminating a solid wood core , and made to look just like an ordinary wooden door. It has three HD steel and brass 75 mm hinges ( I suppose you could fit more yourself) Europrofile lock and handle ( nowt to stop you fitting extra locking threow bolts to and bottom) All supplied and fitted for only £600. The only thing i could think of that may or could need upgrading would be many door FRAMES, either fir reinforced or faten extra steel work to your existing frame, then secure the frame to the wall with Rawl bolts rather than screws???

8 November 2012, 12:29,
RE: Advert got NRs attention
Those pvc doors can be a nightmare to kickin, never mind with extra locks
9 November 2012, 00:24,
RE: Advert got NRs attention
(8 November 2012, 11:25)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just browing the free local giver away paper, we call it the Advertiser around here but most parts of the country have their own version.

I saw a new advert from one of our regions double glazing companies, two adverts actually.
First was for a UPVC front door, fully fitted for £350 it was advertised with a big add on box saying now REINFORCED FRAMES N PANELS.
So i phoned em to ask why. They said there was a growing demand for ever more secure doors that ignored the fire depts influence to have easily kick inable panels.

He then suggested if I was REALLY concerned about door security I should lok at the growing popularity of COMPOSITE doors.
He directed me to a picture on the same advert for what just looked like a red painted timber from door, with a tiny 1/2 moon window at the tope and modern europrofile door furnature.

It turns out that this normal to a point of almost not noticing it door, is made up of two solid steel sheets laminating a solid wood core , and made to look just like an ordinary wooden door. It has three HD steel and brass 75 mm hinges ( I suppose you could fit more yourself) Europrofile lock and handle ( nowt to stop you fitting extra locking threow bolts to and bottom) All supplied and fitted for only £600. The only thing i could think of that may or could need upgrading would be many door FRAMES, either fir reinforced or faten extra steel work to your existing frame, then secure the frame to the wall with Rawl bolts rather than screws???

We have one of those composite doors. I discovered it when I tried to put a cat flap in it.Blush

Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.