Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flouride...
9 November 2012, 16:08, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 16:12 by IB1.)
RE: Flouride...
For a balanced article about flouride, this is from the "Bad Science" website.

http://www.badscience.net/2008/02/foreig...ly-fluids/

It basically states that the health benefits stated by the Authorities are based on incomplete research and that there is some evidence of harm being caused
Quote:Bill Etherington MP calls it a “poison“. Campaigners say Nazis used it to subdue people in concentration camps. According to the Guardian’s own (sadly departed) alternative health columnist, fluoride is “in the same league as lead and arsenic.”
The reality is that anybody making any confident statement about fluoride – positive or negative – is speaking way beyond the evidence. In 1999 the Department of Health commissioned the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination at York University to do a systematic review of the evidence on the benefits of fluoridation on dental health and to look for evidence of harm. Little new work has been done since.
They found 3200 research papers, mostly of very poor quality (full references on badscience.net as ever). The ones which met the minimum quality threshold suggested that there was vaguely, possibly, around a 15% increase in the number of children without dental caries in areas with fluoridated water, but the studies generally couldn’t exclude other explanations for the variance. Of course, the big idea with fluoride in water is that it can reduce social inequalities in dental health, because everyone drinks it: but there isn’t much evidence on that either, the work is even poorer quality, and the results are inconsistent.
So when the British Dental Association says there is “overwhelming evidence” that adding fluoride to water helps fight against tooth decay, they’re with General Ripper. And when Alan Johnson says: “Fluoridation is an effective and relatively easy way to help address health inequalities, giving children from poorer backgrounds a dental health boost that can last a lifetime,” he’s really just pushing an admirably old fashioned line that complex social problems can be addressed with £50m worth of atoms. The people behind the York review have had to spend a fair amount of time pointing out that people are misrepresenting their work.
But since I’m in the mood for some scaremongering, let’s not forget the potential harms. Fluoridation will give around one in eight people mottled teeth (“fluorosis”). And there’s something else to worry about, if you like worrying. An observational study from Taiwan found a high incidence of bladder cancer in women from areas where the natural fluoride content in water was high. It might easily have been a chance finding – the study in question measured lots of variables, and if you measure enough things, then some of them are bound to come out positive, just by chance. But it could be real.
The problem here is one of small effect sizes. You don’t need a careful designed study to show that falling out of a plane will probably kill you, but fluoride and bladder cancer would be a pig to research: because the effect size is small, the exposure is spread over half a century, and the outcome – bladder cancer – takes a lifetime to reveal itself. Welcome to the finer details behind “more research is needed”.
And the fascinating thing about public health is, with population effects, the numbers can start to get very scary, very quickly: in the UK, for example, just a tiny 10% increase in risk would give you 1000 extra new cases of bladder cancer every year. Fear. Actually, I enjoyed that. Maybe I should move to the Mail.
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
9 November 2012, 18:24,
So you're all going out to buy flouride filtering systems then.
Hopefully the filters will take out ALL other chemicals, minerals, and bugs.

Then, all you have to do is work out how to eliminate the chemicals, drugs, hormones, from vegetables.
Same for meat, what you going to do about what they have consumed. Better not eat that then.
Fish. Swimming in all that muck? Mustn't eat them.
Then of course there is the air. Horrible polluted stuff that so don't breath.
Clothing made out of chemicals could cause a problem and don't get me started about what's generated by cars let alone sitting in one breathing all that plastic fumes.

There is an easy way to go about this though.
Don't eat, drink, or breath aka Die.

9 November 2012, 19:26, (This post was last modified: 9 November 2012, 19:26 by Prepper1.)
That's why I stick to vodka....
TongueTongueTongue
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
9 November 2012, 20:02,
Now I'm going to have nightmares I'm sticking to evian bottled water
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
9 November 2012, 21:07,
flouride was first used in water at german concentration camps . to dull the inmates down for easier control ..... so i am told
9 November 2012, 21:13,
Arghh I get it that's why we so many chavs with no mentality or brains come to it
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
9 November 2012, 21:19,
(9 November 2012, 21:13)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Arghh I get it that's why we so many chavs with no mentality or brains come to it

They get a double dose in there lambrini
9 November 2012, 23:39,
Fluoride is a poison but there is chems and poisons in everything, your house is made from chems, your furniture, your smoke alarm, your food, your water, your clothes, the air...we are pretty fooked...No wonder some folk are crazy.....
9 November 2012, 23:45,
(9 November 2012, 21:19)Metroyeti Wrote:
(9 November 2012, 21:13)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Arghh I get it that's why we so many chavs with no mentality or brains come to it

They get a double dose in there lambrini

X4 if u take into account all the other products which Contain water and don't spec if the water contains flo. The results are clear as day when you compare the youths of today with well any where that's not contaminated.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
10 November 2012, 08:21,
Fluoride poisoning is one of the least of my survival planning worries.

I've consumed the stuff in my drinking water for most of my life, and its helped ensure that my teeth are in better shape than those in my age group from previous generations.

Our whole environment is polluted wih far worse things than fluoride already. After a major SHTF event this will become even worse for many years, until the environment purges all of the man made shit.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580