Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These companies oppose gmo labelling...
9 November 2012, 15:05,
RE: These companies oppose gmo labelling...
The 8 reasons GMO's are Bad for you, basically talks about "We don't know this" then just says about stuff that has nothing to do with digesting, nutrition, or health, other than the "Don't eat poisons" bit....which applies to all other farming.

The vast majority of studies use Circumstantial evidence, and they use "If A then B" style correlations, which are totally bollocks!!! For example, People that do yoga live longer. A = People do Yoga. B = People live longer. So, using the A then B system, if you do yoga, you live longer. Which is total crap!!! People that do yoga are also those that will eat healthier balanced diets, do other types of exercise, have better paying jobs, etc. It's not Yoga that makes people live longer. It's the whole lifestyle that makes them live longer. Yoga is just an supplement to the lifestyle.

Same applies for the experiments.
Rat's were fed GMO food. Rats got ill. Eating GMO food makes you ill. Here's a thought....what about the food that rats are meant to eat? What about infected cages, and crap like that.

You hear it all the time with bodybuilding supplements. Gain 5 lbs of muscle in a week! Scientific studies show......They show jack all. Most studies are done on recovering patients whom will enjoy muscle memory, a balanced diet, and a load of medication to help them recover. The supplement is just that, an added bit.

The vast majority of 'If A then B" style principles are entertaining at least, and dangerous at most.

People take medication when unwell. If you take medication, you are unwell. Stop taking medication and you'll stop being unwell! Great principle to live by.

It's a very lovely principle to live by, as it's appetising in it's simplicity. But causal relationships in science are often smoke and mirrors.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 November 2012, 15:15,
suit yourself, personally i want to know what is going into my body," my body is a temple" etc.etc.etc.Big Grin i'm NOT going to start eating something that A i dont know whats in it and B i dont know what effect it will have on my health......and that goes DOUBLY so after TSHTF.Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 November 2012, 15:34,
(9 November 2012, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote: suit yourself, personally i want to know what is going into my body," my body is a temple" etc.etc.etc.Big Grin i'm NOT going to start eating something that A i dont know whats in it and B i dont know what effect it will have on my health......and that goes DOUBLY so after TSHTF.Angry

Completely fair answer. I respect that.
9 November 2012, 16:39,
Worth whatching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEX654gN3c4

I don't believe GM is the answer to global food shortage, localy grown and fare share is.
9 November 2012, 17:33,
This is daft.
I won't be reading labels when I'm raiding somewhere for something to eat.
Will you?
Anything will do for me and family from homegrown eco friendly foodstuff to GM baked beans.

Worrying about what will happen next is ridiculous.

You eat you live, you don't eat you die.

9 November 2012, 18:23,
(9 November 2012, 17:33)Paul Wrote: This is daft.
I won't be reading labels when I'm raiding somewhere for something to eat.
Will you?
Anything will do for me and family from homegrown eco friendly foodstuff to GM baked beans.

Worrying about what will happen next is ridiculous.

You eat you live, you don't eat you die.

A good twist on an interesting subject.
9 November 2012, 20:14,
we shouldnt mess about with nature

bd
9 November 2012, 20:26,
We've messed around with nature since we started growing food and domesticating animals, farming is how we became the most successful species on the planet.

I have no real objection to the concept of GM foods but it will cause major problems because of big business and their patents etc
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
10 November 2012, 08:26, (This post was last modified: 10 November 2012, 08:29 by Lightspeed.)
[quote='Prepper1' pid='32596' dateline='1352464158']
Sythe you should be interested in this you body builder you....

Prepper1

I don't understand where you are coming from with this.

Are you suggesting that survivors should avoid GM?

Are you suggesting that preppers should avoid GM in their stores?

What has GM got to do with Survivalism?

OOps another of those phantom replies. I'll re-post

Prepper1

I don't understand where you are coming from with your siting companies who do not label their GM content.. What has this got to do with survivalism?

Are you suggesting that survivors should avoid GM?

Are you suggesting that preppers should avoid GM in their stores?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 November 2012, 10:30,
If there is nothing wrong with GM then why are so many companies opposed to putting it on their labels?
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it