Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long until wolves appear
6 December 2012, 01:36,
RE: How long until wolves appear
(5 December 2012, 23:59)Mandlaka Wrote: ............Our system is already seriously struggling with an overload and as we have been saying, it is only a matter of when not if it collapses.

The wolves are already here and sharpening their fangs.

If I am wrong in anything I have said, please correct me. I am not out to incite any hatreds.

No you are absolutely correct in what you say "Our" system is under extreme pressure and that is the problem, it's a system that was designed for an small Island nation in 1948 not 62,000,000 people as it is today.

The total population in United Kingdom was last recorded at 62.6 million people in 2011 from 52.4 million in 1960 (Just happens to the year I was born), changing 20 percent during the last 50 years. Population in the United Kingdom is reported by the World Bank. Historically, from 1960 until 2011, the United Kingdom Population averaged 57.2 Million reaching an all time high of 62.6 Million in December of 2011 and a record low of 52.4 Million in December of 1960.

The population of the United Kingdom represents 0.91 percent of the world´s total population which arguably means that one person in every 111 people on the planet is a resident of United Kingdom and we are a smallish island of 94,060 sq miles so about 644 people per sq mile, so please mind my toes!
6 December 2012, 08:40,
Thank the lord for the Highland Midgie...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 December 2012, 23:42,
(5 December 2012, 09:34)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(5 December 2012, 07:56)UncleFester Wrote: I don't think it would take too long for people to turn, it's human nature to be selfish and look out for number 1 isn't that why we prep?

Unfortunately I don't think any of us will last as long as we think we will but atleast we can have better chance then most.

No its not selfish, its highly loving and responsible to make enormous sacrifices to build up survival supplies to ensure you can look after your precious loved ones. Doing without fancy clothes, a social life, holidays, nice cars etc for years so you can be as prepped as possible is anything but selfish.

What IS selfish is being aware of the forthcoming economic and environmental and political troubles ahead and ignoring them thus putting your families security at risk, or expecting the tax payer or your prepper neighbours to save you. What we are doing is very generous and loving.

None of us ever have enough kit set aside Smile

Sorry mate I've got to disagree, not preparing isn't selfish it's just naive possibly stupid but not selfish.
It's human instinct to think f*** you I'm looking after me, prepping is just a physical act caused by this instinct. we can sugar coat it how we like but when things go bad we'll all retreat back to our caves with our food and families and woe betide anyone who comes knocking.

If thinking your doing it out of love for or kindness for others appeases your concience fair enough but it's just a basic survival instinct which you've unearthed and others haven't.

I'm not saying its bad been selfish nr quite the opposite it's what will keep us alive. Bad selfish is a kid not sharing sweets when it got loads, we're potentially looking at a different situation all together where selfishness means survival.

Hope that makes a bit more sense of my personal definition mate.

Fester