Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEET ME, Next Week!
11 November 2012, 10:12,
RE: MEET ME, Next Week!
remember Scythe, if walking on country or other roads without a pavement, walk on the RIGHT hand side of the road, FACING oncoming traffic.....Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2012, 11:30,
Nice one buddy! This has got me thinking - I need to test my long stance BO route. Thankfully there's a pub at the end of it!

Right, better print off my permission form in triplicate and broach the subject with the missus...
11 November 2012, 16:19,
good luck!!
question everything or believe anything
11 November 2012, 16:28,
good luck mate dont get lostSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
11 November 2012, 16:55,
He's going to need more than luck if he is going to do it in the 2 days 13 hours he said earlier. Thats 3 miles an hour constantly for 60 plus hours. No sleep, no rest, no food stops.

More than a tad over optimistic I think, and requiring a bit more thought

Before anyone moans at me for being negative - he asked for feedback
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
11 November 2012, 17:01,
(11 November 2012, 16:55)IB1 Wrote: He's going to need more than luck if he is going to do it in the 2 days 13 hours he said earlier. Thats 3 miles an hour constantly for 60 plus hours. No sleep, no rest, no food stops.

More than a tad over optimistic I think, and requiring a bit more thought

Before anyone moans at me for being negative - he asked for feedback

i dont think there is a human on this planet can walk for 60 hours @ 3MPH NON STOP, you need sleep and rest breaks Scythe old boy!!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2012, 21:08,
Considering there are people who run 100 miles in a day (damn right!!! Ultra Marathons!!! Tarahumra....and many others) then it is doable.

I'm probably over estimating my abilities. But then again, why not push yourself?

I got banned from a forum for going camping in the winter, and I'm impressed with how supportive everyone is being. Even people like IB1 and BP (face on coming traffic, right? haha), although they are not saying "Go for it." I still really appreciate their feedback, and I love how nobody is banging on them for their opinions! That shows a huge level of maturity from the whole forum. Not just them being honest about their views, but also everyone else that may disagree!

The walk will start on Tuesday. Should be back by Friday morning, just in time to sleep until Monday haha.

I'll be taking food breaks! Eat on the move. Will consider running/jogging a little, towards the end, if I feel up to it.

Might well take some chemical nutrition (ephadrine or Clen) with me to help through the tired parts...and to help with stamina.

REALLY appreciate EVERYONE giving their honest feedback!

I might not make it, but as far as I'm concerned, failure is NOT an option.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 November 2012, 21:14,
was just thinking, the last long walk i done killed my feet hope you have good footwear ?
11 November 2012, 21:15,
(11 November 2012, 21:08)Scythe13 Wrote: . Even people like IB1 and BP (face on coming traffic, right? haha),

Erm !!! They are right you DO walk facing the flow of traffic.

11 November 2012, 21:18,
(11 November 2012, 21:08)Scythe13 Wrote: Considering there are people who run 100 miles in a day (damn right!!! Ultra Marathons!!! Tarahumra....and many others) then it is doable.

I'm probably over estimating my abilities. But then again, why not push yourself?

I got banned from a forum for going camping in the winter, and I'm impressed with how supportive everyone is being. Even people like IB1 and BP (face on coming traffic, right? haha), although they are not saying "Go for it." I still really appreciate their feedback, and I love how nobody is banging on them for their opinions! That shows a huge level of maturity from the whole forum. Not just them being honest about their views, but also everyone else that may disagree!

The walk will start on Tuesday. Should be back by Friday morning, just in time to sleep until Monday haha.

I'll be taking food breaks! Eat on the move. Will consider running/jogging a little, towards the end, if I feel up to it.

Might well take some chemical nutrition (ephadrine or Clen) with me to help through the tired parts...and to help with stamina.

REALLY appreciate EVERYONE giving their honest feedback!

I might not make it, but as far as I'm concerned, failure is NOT an option.

look out for that ephadrine crash mate
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!