Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEET ME, Next Week!
11 November 2012, 21:20,
RE: MEET ME, Next Week!
(11 November 2012, 21:18)Barneyboy Wrote: look out for that ephadrine crash mate

And be alert because lerts dont have accidents Smile

11 November 2012, 21:35,
Quote:Considering there are people who run 100 miles in a day (damn right!!! Ultra Marathons!!! Tarahumra....and many others) then it is doable

Doable, but I bet they didnt just wake up one morning and think i know, i'll run 100 miles today, they may have done just a teeny bit of training beforehand

Quote:I got banned from a forum for going camping in the winter, and I'm impressed with how supportive everyone is being.

I remember that thread over on t'other site, i dont remember it playing out quite the way you describe it though Smile

I wouldnt ever suggest someone doesnt do something they want to do though, if they succeed then well done, if they kill themselves through a lack of prep then thats up to them as well, makes no odds to me.

Live and let live i say Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
12 November 2012, 00:32,
Well done S13! Go for it! Take care and don't hobble on if it's really getting horrible, no one here will think any less of you if bail out ... A big challenge indeed ... Go Scythe! Go Scythe! Go Scythe!

Good Luck Smile
12 November 2012, 08:35,
(11 November 2012, 21:08)Scythe13 Wrote: Considering there are people who run 100 miles in a day (damn right!!! Ultra Marathons!!! Tarahumra....and many others) then it is doable.

I'm probably over estimating my abilities. But then again, why not push yourself?

I got banned from a forum for going camping in the winter, and I'm impressed with how supportive everyone is being. Even people like IB1 and BP (face on coming traffic, right? haha), although they are not saying "Go for it." I still really appreciate their feedback, and I love how nobody is banging on them for their opinions! That shows a huge level of maturity from the whole forum. Not just them being honest about their views, but also everyone else that may disagree!

The walk will start on Tuesday. Should be back by Friday morning, just in time to sleep until Monday haha.

I'll be taking food breaks! Eat on the move. Will consider running/jogging a little, towards the end, if I feel up to it.

Might well take some chemical nutrition (ephadrine or Clen) with me to help through the tired parts...and to help with stamina.

REALLY appreciate EVERYONE giving their honest feedback!

I might not make it, but as far as I'm concerned, failure is NOT an option.

Re chem foods:

Good idea. I used to do distance cycling and the endurance chem isotonic foods made a HUGE difference, provided I remembered to keep a continuous intake.

I don't know the products you mention, but if they are the powdered endurance products I think they are they'll give you an advantage.

Good luck young man!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 November 2012, 10:33, (This post was last modified: 12 November 2012, 10:38 by Scythe13.)
(11 November 2012, 21:18)Barneyboy Wrote: look out for that ephadrine crash mate

Caffine can hold the ephedrine active in your system for up to 3 times it's normal active life. If you have it as part of an ECA stack, you are kick starting the dose. But having caffeine regularly enter you system, a shot of expresso or a slow cup of coffee, will keep the effects going for up to 8 hours. Within which rate, it's time for dose number 2. But I think that will be more for day 2's activity. Uni was a great time to test my limits with ECA. Stayed up 5 days straight doing my dissertation on an ECA stack, dragged with coffee. If I got drowsy, I'd get an expresso, then slowly sip at water and coffee, for the next few hours. Only bad part, it really hurts when you pee!!!
(11 November 2012, 21:35)IB1 Wrote: I wouldnt ever suggest someone doesnt do something they want to do though, if they succeed then well done, if they kill themselves through a lack of prep then thats up to them as well, makes no odds to me.

Live and let live i say Smile

Great view point mate.

If I die from it, then so be it.

Dean Karnasus (I'm not sure that's how it's spelt) was a bit drunk on his 30th birthday and went out on a run of 30 miles to celebrate. He hadn't ran in like 10 years. Now he's an ultrarunning hero.

I'm not comparing myself to him. But....I am better than him haha. I'm kidding. But in all fairness, it's a challenge, and it's a damn big one. Will I come back alive (I bloody hope so). Will I die, YES.....but not as a result of walking a long way.

I'll make up a thread about gear in my bag.

I've decided I'm going to go for a lightened BOB, instead of my GHB. Reason being, it's my first ultra-distance walk.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 November 2012, 18:40,
if you walk (during daylight) this time of year thats from 8AM-4PM..thats 8 hours @ 3MPH=24 miles per day so the trip will take you 7 days, you need sleep and you need to eat, i dont think even you are daft enough to walk in the dark on unlit unpaved roads!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 November 2012, 19:14,
(12 November 2012, 18:40)bigpaul Wrote: if you walk (during daylight) this time of year thats from 8AM-4PM..thats 8 hours @ 3MPH=24 miles per day so the trip will take you 7 days, you need sleep and you need to eat, i dont think even you are daft enough to walk in the dark on unlit unpaved roads!!

Guess again!!!

However, the reason I'm planning to walk may be changing soon. I've not heard back from anyone up in Nottingham, and until I do, I won't be setting off walking. Need their confirmation.

Still going to do the walk, as soon as I hear from them.
12 November 2012, 20:54,
If the notts thing doesn't come off then at least that gives you a chance to pick a decent walk. You could do the SW Coastal path which is near you, or further away like the West highland way etc. You could still do it like you want, no rest or anything, but at least you wont have to be dodging Trucks and other crap at 3 in the morning

You might fall off a cliff or 2 but whats life without a bit of risk Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
12 November 2012, 21:16,
(12 November 2012, 20:54)IB1 Wrote: If the notts thing doesn't come off then at least that gives you a chance to pick a decent walk. You could do the SW Coastal path which is near you, or further away like the West highland way etc. You could still do it like you want, no rest or anything, but at least you wont have to be dodging Trucks and other crap at 3 in the morning

You might fall off a cliff or 2 but whats life without a bit of risk Smile

BRILLIANT idea!!! Was thinking along those lines anyway, but being new to the area does make it awkward.

I'm thinking of walking the SouthWest Ultra-Trail route. It's only 100 miles, but would be well worth doing.
12 November 2012, 21:16,
"On tonight's news, a man trying to walk non-stop from Nottingham to Taunton has had a heart attack and caused a 42 car pile-up on the M42. He is thought to have been taking a combination of stimulants popular in the fitness industry, but one of the main ingredients "ephedrine" is illegal in both the UK and US and has been linked to dozens of deaths in recent years"

Really hope I don't hear this next week. Ephedrine is no joke. Neither is walking for more than 2 days straight (it'll probably take 3 or more) in an English November. Taking ECA while walking back to back marathons for multiple days in the cold is far different than taking it for a marathon dissertation in your warm uni dorms.

Personally I'd stick to flapjacks, protein bars, isotonic drinks, caffiene and those sugary gel packets. If you start the ECA too early you'll be on a different planet after 48 hours.