Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold weather set of cloths list
11 November 2012, 21:12,
RE: Cold weather set of cloths list
(11 November 2012, 21:07)PrepperJohn Wrote: If you suffer from cold finger despite wearing gloves you might want to try mittens as they tend to be warmer than gloves. (Less surface area)

Spot on with the mittens!!!

They stop air circulating between your insulated fingers, and they allow your fingers to warm up the same thermal pocket. On top of that, your fingers will be heating each other through direct contact!

We do the same in the snow. On a blistering cold day, mittens on the hands.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 November 2012, 21:17,
Just an idea I remembered when I used to ride my motorbike into work I had rubber gloves (marigolds) under my normal bike gloves I cut the fingers of them so they were just like mittens kept my hands toastie
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
11 November 2012, 21:21,
If I was riding very long distance i used to rub a fine coat of petrolium jelly onto my nose , chin , n cheeks plus my hands.

14 November 2012, 00:57,
Shooting gear that's been tried and tested Smile also wool outer layers for me swanndri want go any where in the winter unless that's with me and wool is still warm if it gets wet

Bd
14 November 2012, 13:49,
if i was riding in winter time i would wear a pair of woolen gloves under my normal leather ones, face didnt get cold the beard took care of that!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.