Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lest we forget.
11 November 2012, 23:12, (This post was last modified: 11 November 2012, 23:31 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: Lest we forget.
as sd said move on folks s13 will reply when he,s good and ready i don,t believe he would be that carefree with a throw away remark in the context in which its been taken....give him a chance to put right ....IF he thinks he needs to.....like all of you.....s13 you have the floor son
on another note.... we were in aldi,s today.. the bell sounded for 2 min silence.....which me and wifey stood still and reflected on ALL brave men AND women who layed down their lives for us to enjoy what we have, i could not understand some people our age carry on shopping....with no regard .......wifey said "how do they expect young people to have respect when they have NONE...... typical wifey to the POINT....my reply was i hope their fu.king engines fall out of their f..king cars...... nasty...but better than putting the swede into em......i am becoming milder in my old age...but the thought was there allthesame
12 November 2012, 09:42,
Hi, please note, I did not say EVERY F**KING YEAR meaning...in a bad way. I meant it as in, it MUST BE DONE EVERY F**KING YEAR!!! Because I'm so passionate about it!

To everyone that has taken that the wrong way, you insult me far beyond what you believe!!!
Both my grandfathers fought in the Second world war, and one in the first. They lost many friends, and both have passed away now. I cry every time it comes round to 11/11.

Yesterday, I made my wife pull over to an outdoor rememberance service so that we could join the people there. There were 2 veterans who were in the war, and I demanded that we be there in the 2 minute silence to show our support!!!

I even have a 2 minute silence before I vote, to remember the sacrifice everyone made in both wars, just for us to have that freedom. And often, I even cry then as well.

Honestly, for those of you that are hating on me because YOU MISINTERPRETED what I've said........I'm sorry, but if you're not passionate enough to say, WE NEED TO DO A 2 MINUTE SILENCE EVERY F**CKING YEAR!!!!!! Then I'm sorry, but you're the ones that sicken me. Not just because you've jumped to conclusion, not just because you've forgotten how patriotic I am, not just because you didn't notice I "THANKED" Brixham and Tig's posts, but because you've not recognised someone so overwhelmingly passionate about what others have done for this country.

I don't have time to name and shame those that have been so busy jumping to conclusion that they've forgotten my character, my passion, and my love for this country.

But for everyone misunderstanding what I've read. Go back and read it again as someone that is wholehearted determined to have that sacrifice given, as being remembered and appreciated!

Next time you vote, have a 2 minute silence like I do. That's a part of truly remembering what those people have done for us!

Reread it and figure this out. Is a 2 minute silence 'required'? No. But for me, it is required every year to recognise what they did!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I'm sickened by the thought that some people would think what I said was bad!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 November 2012, 09:47,
well at least thats cleared the air.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 November 2012, 10:05,
(12 November 2012, 09:47)bigpaul Wrote: well at least thats cleared the air.

I've made a thread explaining what I said, because I am outraged at people's reaction.

I really appreciate so many people having my corner and recognising that if it was taken in the wrong way, it wasn't me writing it. Also, some people recognised it for exactly what it was.....passion, coming out fervently.

My wife said "How could anyone misunderstand what you meant?"
While I was typing my response, I was shaking with anger at the fact people thought I was against 11/11!!!

Oh, and with getting the time wrong, I like to be accurate with when I recognise the sacrifice, on the very minute the landings took place.
12 November 2012, 10:53,
My apologies for my comments scythe13
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
12 November 2012, 10:59, (This post was last modified: 12 November 2012, 11:01 by Scythe13.)
[quote='Pagan-Mist' pid='32949' dateline='1352651846']
Someone needs to check that someone hasn't got into scythes account and is trolling
[quote]

You don't need to apologise P-M. As far as I'm concerned, you recognised that is if was something negative that it's not something I'd say!

As far as I was thinking, you were with me and had my back. I really appreciate that. Thank you.

Apology accepted, on the caveat that it needn't have been given in the first place. But thank you, non-the-less.
[quote='Scythe13' pid='33067' dateline='1352714371']
Someone needs to check that someone hasn't got into scythes account and is trolling
[quote]

You don't need to apologise P-M. As far as I'm concerned, you recognised that is if was something negative that it's not something I'd say!

As far as I was thinking, you were with me and had my back. I really appreciate that. Thank you.

Apology accepted, on the caveat that it needn't have been given in the first place. But thank you, non-the-less.
[/quote]

[quote='Scythe13' pid='33067' dateline='1352714371']
[quote]

[/quote]
SD, it's doing that thing where it's not showing what's been said.
12 November 2012, 11:13,
ok then...move on folks...thanks s13 for clearing that up
12 November 2012, 11:47,

Scyth, I apologise.
But for goodness sake, in the future proof read what you written on such an emotive issue before you post. I have re-read that particular statment several times and it still reads in the negative.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
12 November 2012, 11:56,
(12 November 2012, 11:47)TOF Wrote: Scyth, I apologise.
But for goodness sake, in the future proof read what you written on such an emotive issue before you post. I have re-read that particular statment several times and it still reads in the negative.

I appreciate you saying that.

My wife said "How could anyone misunderstand that?" But that's because she knows me. I guess it's like one of those optical illusion things. Some people see one thing, while others see another.

I apologise for the confusion it caused.
12 November 2012, 12:47,
Read wot you wrote again you twit, it reads the first time as you sayiing its an inconvenience !!!!!!, thats what it looked like to everyone, and it baffled those of us who know you. You are just too much like me at times, you dont bother to proof read wot you rited before you pressed the POST button. I was more confused than angry , but I also should apologise for thinking ill of your even if it was only for a few seconds.
NR