Nat Geoes DDP Season two launched Nov in USA
16 November 2012, 11:53,
RE: Nat Geoes DDP Season two launched Nov in USA
You are not a real prepper unless:

1. You have been collecting weapons for years
2. You have a pool cue with a nail through it
3. You are preparing to spend TEOWAKI having anal sex
4. Some one in your house hold is ginger and the alpha male has a shaved head
5. You have spent hours pre-TEOWAKI mentally preparing yourself to kill something should you need to
6. You eat ant eggs.

LOL, I think it should be put about that those people are nuts due to over exposure to gingers. If this offends anyone who has ginger hair, tough.
16 November 2012, 12:37,
I bloody dispare at what I see on TV, out of all of Series 1 I saw one prepper I could respect and relate to !!!!

16 November 2012, 15:00,
(16 November 2012, 12:37)NorthernRaider Wrote: I bloody dispare at what I see on TV, out of all of Series 1 I saw one prepper I could respect and relate to !!!!

I laughed out load about that Texan girl who said she was bugging out through the city, and actually tried a test Bug Out!!! She was out of breath really quickly!!!

My favourite line about her was "I train 4 hours a day" No you f**king don't!!!! I specifically train (unspecific training includes stuff like walking, playing in the park, chasing dogs or horses in a field for fun, sex, walking up and down stairs, running up and down stairs....those kinds of things are not exercise. They're leisure! Exercise if what gets your heart rate up into your upper quartiles!) for 1-1.5hrs a day, and I'm in good shape. She was podgy, unfit, and couldn't do a single chin-up!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 November 2012, 17:29,
Oi you lot, whats wrong with shaved heads ?

Us follically challenged have a choice - it's either the clippers or a combover Smile

This is nothing more than baldism or slapheadist, or some sort if ism Smile
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
16 November 2012, 17:32,
(16 November 2012, 17:29)IB1 Wrote: Oi you lot, whats wrong with shaved heads ?

Us follically challenged have a choice - it's either the clippers or a combover Smile
nope, neither, i comb it backwards and have a ponytail, i havent had a haircut or a shave since 1985!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 November 2012, 19:32,
So here I am, finally stopped laughing at the UK "preppers" photographs.
Sorry to ask but are they for real, I mean at all?
Does anyone really take these . . . . people. . . . . . (had to search for the right word) seriously?

If any of them are SUK forum members, they've lost all street cred from now until the end of time.

Laughing again, sorry, got to go and cry, it's all tooooooo funny.

16 November 2012, 20:09, (This post was last modified: 16 November 2012, 20:10 by NorthernRaider.)
You were laughing, I was stunned, I thought for at least an hour it was a spoof, I honestly did not believe what I was watching, it was as ridiculous as those wankers BP and I saw wandering round the WG with swords and machettes draped off their belts !!!!
I think our communities street cred is going to get a hammering if they actually broadcast that stupid program.

16 November 2012, 21:46,
On the contrary NR, I think it'll put people off wanting to be preppers for good if they think they are all going to turn out like those idiots.

Of course we're assuming they were preppers?
I'm wondering if they actually are preppers and not just actors.
Do you know of anyone like that, even remotely like that?
In manner, philosophy, stupidity, or desiring publicity that badly?

I know about 20 preppers by face.
Not one of them would be seen dead on camera.

If anyone in the prepping world knows the identity of these characters, surely they would tell everyone.
A huge joke like them characters has got to be shared.

Another way of looking at this is what if a prepping group "created" them for the sole purpose of spoofing the media.

Now that would be funny.

16 November 2012, 22:18,
You have a very valid point Sir, over the years I have come across over 100 active and motivated preppers and survivalists both here and in KS / CO/ NM and OK and not one would go on camera. Sheesh I even still have a job getting preppers today who WANT to interact with neighbouring preppers to work out ways they can communicate without feeling exposed. However I'm sure there are genuine and commited preppers out there who are not fazed or concerned about publicity, I dont know any though.

16 November 2012, 23:41,
I think its probably all about the fee on offer,... I guess they pay per days filming and a bit extra if its screened,.. this day and age there are plenty who would take their money if they were prepers or pretend prepers.

There was a bit in the papers probably about two months ago, I am guessing around the time the US filmed their prepers,... that said they wanted to make a UK version of the program, but no-one in the UK would allow themselves to be filmed.

Now if that is true, it gives a lot of credit to Pauls thery
A major part of survival is invisibility.