Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
saves thinking quickly
8 December 2012, 20:33,
RE: saves thinking quickly
(8 December 2012, 17:52)Geordie_Rob Wrote: The original scenario was some sort of chemical or nuke incident so I assume people would be leaving to get away from the danger zone.

i believe it was WEATHER, CHEMICAL or NUKE, now if i'm wrong someone say so, but i am under the impression that a nuke or chemical attack wouldn't take out the whole of the country, so why not just move to an unaffected area ?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 December 2012, 20:49,
There is really quiet a serious side to this, because although we are all talking about the channel,.. we may well need certain skills to cross river and the like,... so thinking about how to get yourself/family/suppys across a fast flowing river is worth knowing
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 December 2012, 00:17,
there could be many raft ideas out there that havent been thought of coz there hasnt been a need, but if there was a need in a real situation i dont think alot of us would be able to think of a stable thought through raft idea when in a panic. i thought thinking of different ideas might come up with a kind of bug out raft/boat fashioned from ideas on this thread.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
9 December 2012, 00:18,
I saw some students fill a water bed matrass with boyancy foam and turned the frame into the bit they sit on???

9 December 2012, 00:35,
my half bro and i, a few years ago made a cat raft from two kayaks and a wooden frame. took it out to see and were diving, fishing ect. even rode a wave in on to the shore to score some weed. 100 poeple saw a 3ft breaker and our home made "basscat" come up throught the air and on the shore. was a reall adventure. anyway we almost got stuck in a bad bit of water. and only just managed to land on shore before it got far to rough to land any small boat. my point is even though our cat would never sink, practickly impossible. we were nothing in that force 2 (if that) so if building a raft that can make a rough crossing it would have to be quite big. and launching would need to be assisted by gr8 power. hot wired bobcat maybe.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
9 December 2012, 10:26,
(8 December 2012, 13:58)Bucket Wrote: I'm 80 miles from Norway- Plan E to bug out is to go to Kirkwall harbour and hitch/borrow a lift- quite a few boats there.

Only problem with going to norway is unlike us they dont let every tom,dick and infidel in, unlike the uk.
9 December 2012, 10:44,
we used to have raft races in the SW at one time, made out of 4 barrels and some kind of frame.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 December 2012, 13:22,
A craft made for five, that could be used to carry you away from the country, would clearly need time to construct, and would need to be built to quiet a good standard, the sea is an unforgiving place.

Which means that if you were not in a port where you may find boats, then your choice of materials is a lot smaller than you might think,..and harder to find if making from scratch.

options include,
........................ large pieces of wood,.. hard to find enough off,... maybe house furniture
.........................Floatation aids,..... again they would need to be large and many, tyres/ inner-tubes maybe
........................ Barrels,... they would be almost impossible to find empty and clean - ish
........................and rope to tie it all together, ...and to tie to each other
9 December 2012, 13:55,
I will call it, Island Au Scythe13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvn9l1pJ3-A

No joke, I think I really would go down this route if I had to.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 December 2012, 14:42,
Now that is so clever,.. what a simple idea, the ultamate in re-using of other peoples waste.

...and as a way of making a raft with those bottles and pallets/wood,..well job done