Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When do YOU start looting.
12 November 2012, 21:48,
RE: When do YOU start looting.
My short answer is this i would do what ever it takes to survive but it at all possible i would stay away from a looting situation.
12 November 2012, 22:33,
It would also depend on the type of shtf emp or solar we would have to bug out I think and scavenge as we went along keeping out sight
Panademic we would keep our head down until the disese had died out then check outlying houses for more essentials then head off
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
13 November 2012, 09:21,
I agree what you do will depend on the situation you find yourself in
13 November 2012, 09:42,
I think it's an interesting dilemma. In all fairness, that bright flash and the boom could well have been a local power system/line/transformer station or something like that, bursting out and causing an EMP (don't know if that's possible). The lack of planes could be another volcano, but how were you meant to know since there is no TV signal!

If you loot early on, everything could be sorted out in a few days, and then you're in prison. You can't prep in prison. You can't protect your family while you're locked away either!

It's a catch 22 really.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 November 2012, 09:51,
(13 November 2012, 09:42)Scythe13 Wrote: If you loot early on, everything could be sorted out in a few days, and then you're in prison.

Why? No power / nothing electronic working means no CCTV - so no chance of repercussion. The only reason so many people have been convicted of looting in the London riots is due to them being caught on candid camera - nothing to do with actual police work.

If the power is out, all electrickery has given up and your car won't start then it's highly unlikely it's going to be localised - so get shopping - oh, you can't as no one can take card / cash if the power is down. Well, what option does that leave you? 1) Stay at home 2) take the chance and help yourself. I'd be helping myself as soon as possible - I want to beat that crowd to all the good stuff. I also want to get it over and done with before the old bill arrive to keep order.
13 November 2012, 09:57,
(13 November 2012, 09:51)BeardyMan Wrote:
(13 November 2012, 09:42)Scythe13 Wrote: If you loot early on, everything could be sorted out in a few days, and then you're in prison.
Why? No power / nothing electronic working means no CCTV - so no chance of repercussion. The only reason so many people have been convicted of looting in the London riots is due to them being caught on candid camera - nothing to do with actual police work.

If the power is out, all electrickery has given up and your car won't start then it's highly unlikely it's going to be localised - so get shopping - oh, you can't as no one can take card / cash if the power is down. Well, what option does that leave you? 1) Stay at home 2) take the chance and help yourself. I'd be helping myself as soon as possible - I want to beat that crowd to all the good stuff. I also want to get it over and done with before the old bill arrive to keep order.

All very good points.

My issue, especially with where we live, is how we would get out 'bounty' (I feel like a pirate) back to where we live.
13 November 2012, 09:59,
(13 November 2012, 09:57)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 November 2012, 09:51)BeardyMan Wrote:

All very good points.

My issue, especially with where we live, is how we would get out 'bounty' (I feel like a pirate) back to where we live.

Thankfully that's not really an issue for me - I'm only a 10 minute walk to the supermarket. Just buy yourself a trolley in preparation - they're only £1!

I'd have a decent wheelbarrow ready to go, or even a couple of those old lady shopping carts (the ones you see them pulling along) ready to load up and drag home.

If only the cars were working - you could just reverse through those nice big windows, fill up the boot then drive out...
13 November 2012, 10:03,
(13 November 2012, 09:59)BeardyMan Wrote: If only the cars were working - you could just reverse through those nice big windows, fill up the boot then drive out...

What do you mean "You could just..." how did I get dragged into this ram raid? I'm a lovely law abiding citizen (ha, they'll never suspect me now [typed in a font TBTP can't see])

Good plan. I'll use my company car and say someone stole it!
13 November 2012, 10:14,
(13 November 2012, 10:03)Scythe13 Wrote:
(13 November 2012, 09:59)BeardyMan Wrote: If only the cars were working - you could just reverse through those nice big windows, fill up the boot then drive out...

What do you mean "You could just..." how did I get dragged into this ram raid? I'm a lovely law abiding citizen (ha, they'll never suspect me now [typed in a font TBTP can't see])

Good plan. I'll use my company car and say someone stole it!

Hahaha, that's what company cars are for!

I'm sure that's why they put these massive windows in the supermarkets.
13 November 2012, 10:22,
I would walk to the police station, if no ones in im free to loot as the cops are already bugging in with there familys.