Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When do YOU start looting.
13 November 2012, 10:27,
RE: When do YOU start looting.
If it's an EMP the tills won't be working so cash can't be taken, So what other choice will I have? I will have to loot with the rest of them, looting will be nothing if it is a full scale SHTF senario, imagine all the murders and fighting and raiding of houses if it all goes tits up BIG TIME (after a few weeks with folk having no food,water electric ETC)
Raiding/looting a shop/supermarket would be the least of our problems, I figure (spesh around here) looting will be done after 24 hours, I do have preps but need a lot more and like I said if I can't use cash, what options do I have?
If you change the way you look at things..The things you look at change !
13 November 2012, 12:13,
i can use my cash stash for maybe a couple of days, big supermarkets maybe not a good idea as doors may be jammed cos no electric, but could use smaller corner stores that have normal doors, dosent matter if tills dont work they will still take my cash just wont get any change!! have to get as much as possible is the first couple of days before it all goes t#ts up and everyone starts looting!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 November 2012, 13:54,
BP, good point about the supermarkets but word of advice, my store i work for has a staff entrance around the back which works using magnetic locks, so no power = no locks, and from then on your in the store, although there will be staff there probably be managers there as the majority of staff would of buggered off home to check on there families
13 November 2012, 13:58,
(13 November 2012, 13:54)Cestrian Wrote: BP, good point about the supermarkets but word of advice, my store i work for has a staff entrance around the back which works using magnetic locks, so no power = no locks, and from then on your in the store, although there will be staff there probably be managers there as the majority of staff would of buggered off home to check on there families

Would they defend what is, in reality, not theirs though?

Whereas the little corner shop owner has probably his life savings tied up in that stock...

Go for the big anonymous stores - less personal feelings / emotions tied up
13 November 2012, 14:24,
(13 November 2012, 13:58)BeardyMan Wrote:
(13 November 2012, 13:54)Cestrian Wrote: BP, good point about the supermarkets but word of advice, my store i work for has a staff entrance around the back which works using magnetic locks, so no power = no locks, and from then on your in the store, although there will be staff there probably be managers there as the majority of staff would of buggered off home to check on there families

Would they defend what is, in reality, not theirs though?

Whereas the little corner shop owner has probably his life savings tied up in that stock...

Go for the big anonymous stores - less personal feelings / emotions tied up
well, i was thinking, cos i've got my cash stash i'm not looting, i can offer to pay for the goods although i wont get any change, so build up my stocks before the sheeple decide its all gone south and start looting, by the time they start looting i'm sitting behind locked doors with my paid for food stocks(thats extra to what i have already prepped)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 November 2012, 14:29,
Thats pretty much my plan as well BP, prepping now to avoid having to get mixed up with the sheep if tshtf
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
13 November 2012, 14:36,
(13 November 2012, 14:29)IB1 Wrote: Thats pretty much my plan as well BP, prepping now to avoid having to get mixed up with the sheep if tshtf
i dont mind going out and actually BUYING food whilst the sheeple are still making up their minds what to do, by the time they've made their minds up i'm siting on my (legally paid for) EXTRA food stocks, i dont want to be anywhere near the shops when the looting actually starts, that asking to get beaten up or worse!
13 November 2012, 14:39,
In regards to the tills not working....some places still have mechanical tills, and if not, they'll just open the till and take the tray out, using it like a regular till, hidden under the counter top, like many shop owners do in power cuts.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 November 2012, 14:50,
yes, maybe the big supermarkets MIGHT refuse to actually let someone buy any food cos the tills dont work and they cant be bothered actually doing anything about it, but the smaller corner shop owners will be standing there with their hands out!!got a lot of little village stores around here, OK they dont carry huge stocks but they stock enough for my purposes.Big Grin
14 November 2012, 21:01,
Well our nearest shop is 100 miles away, so without a car I wouldnt be going anywhere near a shop to loot or anything else,... I would however know what was going on, I have a Ham radio, that would of course be fried, but I also have two hand held in a farady cage, which hopfully would survive, and providing I could throw, and recieve a signal far enough, I should be able to get the low down on whats going on.

So looting shops etc wouldnt happen, thats not to say I wouldnt strictly be out stealing,.. because although I have about 6 months food now, my dogs eat raw, and their freezers would be fried, my dogs are important to me,..so I would be out with a crossbow, hunting either deer or sheep,..and I would guess that I would be doing that within a couple of days
A major part of survival is invisibility.