Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When do YOU start looting.
16 November 2012, 15:18,
RE: When do YOU start looting.
asked my senior manager at work last night what would happen if our store got raided/looted when we were still here at work and he said if you cant safely without causing yourself harm detain the person let them take the stock, because all the stock is insured
16 November 2012, 19:26,
Personally the reason I prep is so I don't have to do things like loot. I have enough candles and gas lanterns/gas to last months if used carefully... and that goes for food too. I think I would be more concerned about bugging out.
16 November 2012, 20:07,
(16 November 2012, 19:26)Hexyprep Wrote: Personally the reason I prep is so I don't have to do things like loot. I have enough candles and gas lanterns/gas to last months if used carefully... and that goes for food too. I think I would be more concerned about bugging out.

Hold that thought Hexyprep.
None of us has an infinite amount of supplies, they will run out eventually.

A bug out scenario for you:-
For some reason you've bugged out or even worse BEEN bugged out and all your careful preps are lost.
Not your fault but there you are without food, water, or candles.
On the road.
No shops, no where to spend your carefully prepped money, no aid, naught. Oh yes, you've just run out of fuel.

So what you going to do for supplies and fuel?

Whether you like it or not , you may have to start foraging / looting at some time. That's what I think the thread is all about.
When would you consider "looting" to keep alive.

1 December 2012, 04:47,
I think if the scenario is dragging on more than a few days then there is a serious issue and thoughts towards replenishing your supplies is vital. A lot of people will have the same idea however they won't be as prepped as those who are already prepped. What I mean is they'll smash and grab for creature comforts they know, not things that will last or provide nutrition. Cans to the 'sheeple' (seen that term on this site and love it) are too much hassle.
Repercussions at this level you could expect to avoid in the instance of food and necessary supplies. If you're one of the stupid looting Currys for plasma tv's then that's different.

My 2p
1 December 2012, 14:19,
Would Ray Mears,or someone similarly knowledgeable about wild foods,loot?Beside the point,as the whole purpose of prepping is to avoid, at all costs,precisely these 'panicked suburban clowns' situations.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
1 December 2012, 14:59, (This post was last modified: 1 December 2012, 15:04 by NorthernRaider.)
By the time most preppers supplies are exhausted and they have to seek our supplies its more a case of salvage rather than looting.

Looting occurs when L & A breaks down and mass panic sets in or criminality lets loose and people go off the rails generally without just cause. But by the time the sensible prepper has exhausted his reserves either normality will be getting restored or society will have completely collapsed and the sheeple will have starved to death, thus leaving the remands of society the right and duty to salvage useful commodities before they spoil.
(1 December 2012, 14:19)ObongoPox Wrote: Would Ray Mears,or someone similarly knowledgeable about wild foods,loot?Beside the point,as the whole purpose of prepping is to avoid, at all costs,precisely these 'panicked suburban clowns' situations.

Mears is not a prepper hes a bushcrafter, most preppers are NOT bushcrafters they are just ordinary people who prepare for trouble.

The whole point of prepping is to survive, theres no mention or rule that says salvaging or raiding closed stores for essentials, and theres deinately no " at any cost clause" either. our role is to keep our families alive period. What we do try to avoid is being part of the crowd of desperate fear driven herd, our plans and actions should be deliberate and planned.

1 December 2012, 15:35,
You notice I qualified the Ray Mears' clause with 'beside the point' meaning that,yes,most people aren't bushcrafters.'At all costs' avoid crowd situations?Yesyesyes.Wait till the die-off'or whatever=no crowds.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
1 December 2012, 15:39,
the whole point of having "preps" is so that we dont HAVE to join in with the looting with all the dangers that comes with that, we can just wait and sit it out until society has crumbled and the sheeple have all died out, THEN we can go out and find what is left to SALVAGE and make use of, not just food but other things too!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 December 2012, 16:14,
I dont do the word looting, if TSHTF soon then im not fully prepped as im a newby so i could be forced to scavenge and acquire the things i need to survive i dont see that as "looting".Big Grin
1 December 2012, 16:16,
(1 December 2012, 16:14)David075 Wrote: I dont do the word looting, if TSHTF soon then im not fully prepped as im a newby so i could be forced to scavenge and acquire the things i need to survive i dont see that as "looting".Big Grin
we will all do what we have to to survive,( i think that goes without saying,) well i will anyway!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.