Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wood Fired Rayburn
18 November 2012, 12:26,
RE: Wood Fired Rayburn
Arrrh I see you are talking about the two different systems,.. understand now.

Yes we have a system the sells back to the grid, we were lucky enough to get it before they cut the tariff,... so while you are producing you have as much free electric as you can use, then we sell what we dont use back to the grid for 43 pence a unit,.... [ it was this system I thought you were refering to when you mentioned batteries ]

We have been thinking of adding an extra two panels that are not connected to the grid, but store to batteries, but we have been put off, not by the cost of the panels, but the fitting of them,... at the moment we are looking at a small wind turbine
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 November 2012, 12:58, (This post was last modified: 18 November 2012, 13:00 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Wood Fired Rayburn
(18 November 2012, 12:26)Highlander Wrote: We have been thinking of adding an extra two panels that are not connected to the grid, but store to batteries, but we have been put off, not by the cost of the panels, but the fitting of them,... at the moment we are looking at a small wind turbine

Do it, do it, do it, Smile, and I'll admire your for your preps and hate you for making me jelous at the same time ?
Traw back through the forums archives and look up Wet & Colds / Nemesis superb article on small scale stand alone PV systems