Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doggies!
16 November 2012, 20:17,
RE: Doggies!
(16 November 2012, 18:12)Highlander Wrote: I am a volunteer for the German Shepherd Rescue Scotland,.. and I have three of these great dogs,.. I would never be with German Shepherd

[Image: 11th3.jpg]

"" I would never be with a German Shepherd""" !!!! I hope not its either bestiality or homosexuality !!!!! Smile

How low can you stoop says NR, bout as low as a Dachund replies Highlander !!! Smile

16 November 2012, 20:30,
lol,... ok, well spotted,.. I would never be *without* a German Shepherd.

These dogs are quiet a big part of any plans I have if TSHTF, they have learnt to carry packs a long while ago, I also taught them to pull carts,..[ and for fun they pull me on a dog scooter for miles], they are loyal and would defend,... the problem if any would be feeding, any dogs we take has to be fed, so any plans to store food has to include food for them

In my case they are raw fed, they live on Venison and Salmon, its one reason that I purchased a crossbow, not really with defence in mind, but more as a way of getting food for the dogs
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 November 2012, 20:36,
My Were-Terrier can kill any one of your German Shepherds................It would stick in its throat Smile

16 November 2012, 20:39,
Big GrinBig Grin...
A major part of survival is invisibility.
16 November 2012, 22:21,
I started feeding my dog mainly on the dry worker complete meal. It costs about £12 for a 15kg sack & lasts for months. Obviously we still give her tinned meat, fresh meat & leftovers as we always have done, but her main feed is the dry. Cheap & easy to store (if you have the space) with a long BB date. The only downside I can see to this post event is water intake due to the dry food.
16 November 2012, 22:34,
We have a Labrador who, given his personality, would be useless in a post-SHTF situation, but we love him to bits!

Thinking outside the box, I wonder about something like a Jack Russell. Potentially a good intruder-alarm, resilient, less demanding on food than a larger dog, can be carried if necessary, potentially helpful for hunting.

Or one could go for a toy poodle. Mutant Zombie Bikers would die laughing and fall off their Harleys when they saw you coming.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
17 November 2012, 11:09,
(16 November 2012, 22:21)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I started feeding my dog mainly on the dry worker complete meal. It costs about £12 for a 15kg sack & lasts for months. Obviously we still give her tinned meat, fresh meat & leftovers as we always have done, but her main feed is the dry. Cheap & easy to store (if you have the space) with a long BB date. The only downside I can see to this post event is water intake due to the dry food.

we've got our 10 year old Cairn Terrier on Bakers "Weight control" dried food, 5KG bag costs £11.99 and lasts her about a month, usually got 1 bag opened in a big metal tin and an unopened 1 in reserve.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 11:33,
Ours is the wagg food. Saves a fortune. Currently got about 1/2 a sack left that we are using + 2 full sacks in reserve on a shelf in the shed. Compared to tinned food (about 50-60p for a baked bean size tin), it saves a fortune. I think the kids also play a huge part in feeding her aswell "daddy I dropped by mistake" Smile
17 November 2012, 11:37,
The Bakers is good stuff, i'm not sure about the Wagg one-have seen it cheap in our local farming supplies shop but at the moment Bakers is ideal.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2012, 11:38,
The Were terrier likes a mix of Butchers own or Eukanuba and a bit of fresh cat.