Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doggies!
19 November 2012, 14:55,
RE: Doggies!
I miss having a dog around. My plan for the future is to have about 3 or 4 of different breeds. Damn my Landlords for not allowing pets!
Failure is always an option.
19 November 2012, 15:28,
Rottweiler Smile

I feed mine the high calorie royal canin or science plan food. expensive stuff, but he's worth it . He's 8 months old now, and the same size as a Labrador. A big labrador.
Should be 15 / 16 stone when fully grown in a couple of years. Loves a good fight too, but he's getting a bit strong for that. I've still got bruises on my arm from our last tussle - cheeky bugger has started grabbing my arm and shaking his head. Wouldn't like to have him on my arm when he's in a bad mood.
19 November 2012, 17:00,
What breed is he, BeardyMan?
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
19 November 2012, 17:06,
(19 November 2012, 17:00)Mandlaka Wrote: What breed is he, BeardyMan?

He's a pure bred rottweiler.

I want to get another one Big Grin
19 November 2012, 17:12,
I have to admit that particular breed scares me.
I got bitten in the left arm by some badly trained rescue one that some erstwhile neighbour had.
Glad it went for me though as it could have torn my son's face off instead. I was quite lucky as I turned my arm as the teeth closed so it resulted in a bad scratch and did not puncture my skin.

Made a report to the coppers and they sent me 3 officers 4 days later or something like that.
As per their advice they could not really do anything so I had to leave it.
But I will take out that mutt when I can once TSHTF...if his owner comes along as a sheeple raider I will happily send him onward too...Big Grin
19 November 2012, 17:25,
(19 November 2012, 17:12)Mandlaka Wrote: I have to admit that particular breed scares me.
I got bitten in the left arm by some badly trained rescue one that some erstwhile neighbour had.
Glad it went for me though as it could have torn my son's face off instead. I was quite lucky as I turned my arm as the teeth closed so it resulted in a bad scratch and did not puncture my skin.

Made a report to the coppers and they sent me 3 officers 4 days later or something like that.
As per their advice they could not really do anything so I had to leave it.
But I will take out that mutt when I can once TSHTF...if his owner comes along as a sheeple raider I will happily send him onward too...Big Grin

They can look scary, but they're soft as shit.

I've had more than a bad scratch from mine an that's just when we're playing! Rolleyes

Mine's been to attack me seriously once, but a swift clip round the ear then me wrestling him to the ground for a belly rub soon sorted that.

Rotty's do like children. We have a 19 month old boy, he's great with him. They're best buddies. Even when the little one is standing on the dog. If you tell little'un off and the dog thinks you're going to hurt him you can hear a growl from behind you.

They're very protective of their family. The wife had aggro from some idiots when she was walking him. He was only 4 months old - he tried to bite both of them.

19 November 2012, 23:08,
looks like your one is a good one.
The one that bit me was a screwed up one but I have to work on keeping the memory from clouding my judgement. We see how it goes.
But the guy himself will never be granted guest rights (as the Mongols would say) in my presence.
I really will deal with him if he dares come anywhere near my home, friends or kids when SHTF. He is a cantankerous little a***hole who then frightened my kids one morning about 10 days later on the way to school with his mutt. I lost my rag and pulled the boys behind me and roared at him threatening to kill his mutt and then him if he felt he was tough enough to come at me and my kids with that mutt. I hate getting into confrontations and my really young kids were so scared by the whole thing. Looks like the bar-steward took my threat seriously 'cos he suddenly vanished from the neighbourhood for several months. The dog has not been seen since.
Having noted what you have said I will add the breed to my list of possible choices.
Much appreciated.
19 November 2012, 23:11,
I love the Rotties,... nice dogs
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 November 2012, 01:32,
We have three dogs. Jack Russell, aged Springer (once an excellent gun dog now 14 deaf and not so great at picking up!) and a newfoundland. The JR is a ratter and a good one, the Springer is on her last legs so I don't worry about her so much. But the Newfie, yes i worry, she is only 6, she maybe has 3-5 years or 4-7 if she is lucky. But she eats a lot, could we support her? I don't know.
20 November 2012, 08:46,
Im a bit warry when it comes to dogs, I love them but theres to many idiots with them. Lost count of how many chav types have complained when I kick there dog, when its gone for me/my dog.