Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recycled homes
17 November 2012, 20:47,
RE: Recycled homes
I have to first two books in the Earthship series. I think they are fantastic and in an ideal world that is what I would build but we do live in a less than ideal world and I am too old to fight the planners to build an earthship so when I do build my house in will be done secretly and very cheaply so if I have to walk away from it or tear it down I will not be out of pocket.

I am looking more at the work of Mike Oehler, Tony Wrench and Simon Dale. Mike Reynolds is still a hero of mine though.
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
17 November 2012, 21:36,
Anyone remember the man in stanley who shot the man who gave him the go ahead to build a home, then went against his word and got the bulldozers in
17 November 2012, 21:39,
Aye the TV cameras were there at the time of the shooting IIRC

17 November 2012, 21:40,
er, no. I don't remember thatRolleyes
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
17 November 2012, 23:01,
Albert Dryden? He did not get permission really. I think all that happened was there was no objection in principle to development, so old Albert built a bungalow. As I remember it, it was built into the ground, like it was sunken. It was on the local news for months that Dewentside council wanted to knock it down. Was watching the news when he shot Harry Collinson and the copper and the BBC guy.

They should have just left the old guy alone, if you own some land, you should be able to build what the hell you want on it as long as the height of the building is not greater than the distance of the building to its boundary. Government, local or national, should not be there to boss around or create silly rules against the people it is there to serve.