Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
17 November 2012, 20:05,
RE: Coldest winter in 100 years on its way!
Got out the snowboard, dusting off the goggles, and smiling from ear to ear!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 November 2012, 20:15,
Great!
More days off school so me and the Generals can play in the snow!
We will have enough food and milk etc for 3 months by then I hope...
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
17 November 2012, 21:25,
Yep, knew that. The woodcock have arrived early in our woodland. Rowan berries were large and plentiful this year. And log-splitter has just broken down; a sure sign of cold weather ahead!Angry
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
17 November 2012, 22:44,
(17 November 2012, 21:25)Tarrel Wrote: Yep, knew that. The woodcock have arrived early in our woodland. Rowan berries were large and plentiful this year. And log-splitter has just broken down; a sure sign of cold weather ahead!Angry

Our neighbour is pretty old and she noted HUGE numbers of berries on the trees. Even though it's an old wives tale, it's still accurate, in my opinion.
17 November 2012, 22:49,
I agree, the branches of the Rowan trees have almost been at breaking point with berries,.. we have already had our first snow, albeit very light,..and I believe they have already been sking on Ben Nevis,.. we can certainly see plenty of snow up there,... guess we will have to wait and see
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 November 2012, 22:58,
This might be a bit sick, but I wonder whether there will be a bit of a die off?

Loads of oldies died a couple of years ago, when we had a pretty cold winter. Even more homes had gas shortages. Some powerlines broke too (might have been transformer stations, can't fully remember) if my brain serves correctly.

Imagine if a city shutdown occurred.......
17 November 2012, 23:03, (This post was last modified: 17 November 2012, 23:03 by Tarrel.)
(17 November 2012, 22:49)Highlander Wrote: I agree, the branches of the Rowan trees have almost been at breaking point with berries,.. we have already had our first snow, albeit very light,..and I believe they have already been sking on Ben Nevis,.. we can certainly see plenty of snow up there,... guess we will have to wait and see

We were on CairnGorm last Sunday. Plenty of snow up there! (Ski runs aren't open yet though).

(17 November 2012, 22:58)Scythe13 Wrote: This might be a bit sick, but I wonder whether there will be a bit of a die off?

Loads of oldies died a couple of years ago, when we had a pretty cold winter. Even more homes had gas shortages. Some powerlines broke too (might have been transformer stations, can't fully remember) if my brain serves correctly.

Depends how prepped they are.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
17 November 2012, 23:06,
Big Grin...so glad you added that sentence,...lol
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 November 2012, 23:09,
(17 November 2012, 22:58)Scythe13 Wrote: This might be a bit sick, but I wonder whether there will be a bit of a die off?

It's a simple fact that cold weather has an impact on the elderly or ill, you only have to look at the number of fresh graves in the cemetry during the winter to see thats the case so no it's not a sick thought. What would be a sick thought is hoping for it
You have the right to hold any beliefs you want. You do not have the right to have those beliefs automatically respected
17 November 2012, 23:10,
It hasnt been that cold yet, had a sprinkle of snow a few weeks ago, but thats been about it.